Talk

Advanced search

11 weeks pregnant and anxious about scan

(16 Posts)
diamonte Tue 15-Feb-05 16:38:35

was everyone else worried, anxious that when they have the first scan nothing is going to be there. am 11 weeks preg with first baby and have first scan at 13 weeks so not long now and having every symptom going with belly expanding, but it still doesnt seem real yet as noone has confirmed it medically which i find really strange!!

ButtonMoon Tue 15-Feb-05 16:44:16

Know how you feel...you think "I might be making this happen to me or it could be coincidence I have all these symptoms" you can't quite believe it, can you? It's an exciting experience though apart from not being allowed to have a wee!!! Hope it goes well. I'm pg again and I'm sure I will think the same again.

diamonte Tue 15-Feb-05 16:50:02

thanks buttonmoon at least someone understands what i am going through - all my friends have had babies but seem to forget the first 3 months now their ones are a little older - congrats on your pregnancy - roll on another two weeks.

Lonelymum Tue 15-Feb-05 16:52:53

Oh yes I remember that! Had to keep saying to myself, I must be pg because the home test said I was and I had no periods. Feels wierd when you get no symptoms at all doesn't it?

Oh but the joy of seeing your baby for the first time on the scan! You are in for such a treat!

Congratulations by the way.

diamonte Tue 15-Feb-05 16:57:11

Hi Lonelymum - yes all is very strange at the moment - after 5 preg tests, first one in spanish which is where i found out i still dont quite believe it. Think when i have the scan though i will allow myself to become excited about it. Think i am holding myself back a little at the moment just so i dont get disappointed although its all i think about 24/7!!

Flossam Tue 15-Feb-05 16:58:21

Diamonte, I felt exactly the same, this was my first ever post on mumsnet ! Which I had some lovely responses to the same question. I'm sure you will be fine!

diamonte Tue 15-Feb-05 16:59:48

thanks flossam - just talking to other people is making me feel more relaxed about it all so glad have found this site now

Kelly1978 Tue 15-Feb-05 17:01:46

Diamonte, I don't think it sunk in for me until I gave birth! Scans are great though, enjoy it!

diamonte Tue 15-Feb-05 17:06:07

Kelly1978 - yes it is so weird being pregnant - not what i thought it was going to be like at all. am really pleased though although being anxious - we had already prebooked the wedding for next July before i knew i was pregnant so we should be having an extra addition to our wedding day - only thing is will have 9 months to lose the weight as already brought the wedding dress!!

CazTurner Wed 16-Feb-05 05:59:09

Hi Kelly1978

I tried to CAT you but it tells me I can't, I've been trying to contact you about the DD100 and A103 thing! Let me know if you still want to do it! My email is battymoo@hotmail.co.uk, I'm pretty sure there aren't any axe-murderers on here, if there are ... well ... good luck! Take care ... CAZ

sweetbean Wed 16-Feb-05 08:07:31

Congratulations diamonte

Just to echo what everyone else has said when you see the baby for the first time it is amazing. I couldn't belive how perfect it was it realy looked like a baby! i know that sounds odd but i realy wasn't exspecting it to look so human!

Just enjoy it and make sure you ask for some photos of scan as i remember looking at them weeeks later just to make it all seem real Good luck

Kelly1978 Wed 16-Feb-05 08:50:54

Def remeber to get the photos - take some change as lots of hospitals ask for donations. I've still got all mine from past two pgs, and it's great comparing them!

Will email you, Caz, I wondered where you had gone!

Expectantmum Wed 16-Feb-05 09:18:09

Diamonte - congratulations! I've now reached 21 weeks and had another scan on Monday and still feel like I must be imagining it ! The scans are a wonderful experience. I cried at my first one because I had so convinced myself that there would be nothing inside, so just to see baby for the first time is amazing. I don't think being pregnany will truly sink in until I have baby in my arms! Enjoy the experience and definitely as the other ladies said though get the pictures as they are lovely to keep, although I had to pay £4 per picture for mine!

aloha Wed 16-Feb-05 09:24:08

I had that! Especially first time. So silly and strange, isn't it? I had this bizarre notion they'd tell me not to be so stupid and send me home again Have a lovely time seeing your baby - it's very emotional. Though not as emotional as when he/she actually arrives - that's AMAZING.

Amanda3266 Wed 16-Feb-05 09:54:05

I think most of us experience this - I remember panicking like crazy that there would be nothing there and that I was imagining it all. Amazing to actually see the heart beating though - lovely experience.

diamonte Wed 16-Feb-05 10:39:54

just logged on - thanks for all your messages. glad to know that i am not being silly about thinking nothing is going to be there. only a little while to wait and am keeping everything crossed!! Will defo remember to get those pictures to keep reminding myself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now