Talk

Advanced search

Has morning sickness/nausea ever stopped around 8 weeks, but all was OK??

(7 Posts)
loveverona Sun 17-Aug-08 16:00:53

I'm paranoid that I'm having another MMC. Sickness hasn't been dreadful this time, but has tailed off over the past couple of days and I'm worried. Food smells still seem to be bothering me, but not quite as much.

Anyone had MS for 3-4 weeks then tailed off around 8-9 weeks, but all been OK?

lulu1414 Sun 17-Aug-08 16:39:46

Hi there- sorry about your miscarriage. I also had one and so was paranoid about symptoms disappearing. What you describe is exactly what happened to me. I was very sick for about 3 weeks and then it just stopped. I think it stopped around 9 weeks.

I started getting more rest at that point and that may have helped.

Try not to worry (she says!) my symptoms all came and went and I undersand that it is very normal.

loveverona Sun 17-Aug-08 16:59:24

Thanks lulu, just been reading a few other threads and it seems this isn't unusual, so that's reassuring. It's just with my dd and ds I had nausea until about 11/12 weeks (although I can't remember if it was on and off), but with the MMC it disappeared around now, so I'm paranoid. Managed to get a scan Wed morning at our fantastic EPU, so will just have to wait and hope I get that far.

Thanks for posting. x

lulu1414 Sun 17-Aug-08 18:17:06

Good luck. (Ps I forgot to mention I am now 29 weeks). Don't worry- I know ALL about the paranoia and worry. Great that you got a scan as that is the only thing that will really reassure you. I also had an early scan (I had also had some bleeding at 9 weeks).

I hope the scan goes smoothly and you are reassured!

loveverona Mon 18-Aug-08 09:49:46

thanks so much Lulu. Will let you know! Congrats on your 29 weeks!

Millie26 Mon 18-Aug-08 12:47:47

Yes, dont worry, I had morning sickness really badly in week 7 and then had a 9 week scan when I'd been feeling great for a few dayys and I could see him/her wiggling around in there perfectly fine.

MS came back with avengence the next day though - it's ironic that you can wish so much for something so horrible!

Dont worry, I'm sure its all fine. I posted a thread on here asking if it coming and going it normal too, and everyone said yes. They were right!

loveverona Tue 19-Aug-08 11:56:58

Hi Millie26, I think I may have posted on that one too! Thanks for your replies. Scan tomorrow morning so fingers crossed. I have been feeling sick again, so just hope that's a good sign and that all is well....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now