Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35 weeks and really really fed up - any words of encouragement??

(4 Posts)
mum2bagain Sun 17-Aug-08 11:26:55

I just want my body back! Its been a long road and can't see the end, even though only 5 weeks to go. I went to a 50th birthday party last night and I felt like a whale, maybe it was a big mistake, I was soooo jealous of all fantastic looking women in pretty dresses etc. Weighed in at 12st 1lb, the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I was only 11st full term with ds3. Maybe I should just get over myself.

It's been 8 years since pregnant last and can't remember how I coped with the last few weeks, any ideas? I have 3 other children who take up most of my time, I can finish clearing away breakfast and its lunch time, then dinner.........

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 17-Aug-08 11:43:43

One the one hand I completely understand...I'm 36 weeks and really fed up. On the other hand, the end IS in sight, feeling jealous is pointless and destructive, and of course you are heavy, you have about 1.5 stone of baby and other related stuff in you.
I am on my first though so I can't imagine what a nightmare it is trying to look after 3 others (though it doesn't sound like they are little ones)
Hang in there - not long now!

mum2bagain Sun 17-Aug-08 11:52:19

Thanks. I was more envious than jealous, and my bump probably received more attention than the pretty women, lol.

Maybe I'll go and get my hair done or something this week. My main goal is the midwife visit in 2 weeks, then I know I only have 3 left. It just can't come quick enough. Not only that, I want to meet the little fella and be rested that he's well and healthy. I can't say I'm looking forward to the birth tho, mind you, who does?

aurorec Sun 17-Aug-08 17:47:53

I'm 37+4 and I feel your pain!

Is it your 1st? If so, go out for coffees etc as much as you can. And a nice pedicure works a treat. Just do as much as you can before you're stuck in the house... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now