Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So uncomfortable...?

(6 Posts)
MrsMattie Sat 16-Aug-08 21:23:58

Hi all. I'm 25 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child, but despite this being my 2nd I'm still baffled by how I've been feeling for the past week or two and wondered if anyone could shed any light?

I didn't have a single braxton hick during my first pregnancy, but have been having them quite frequently in the last fortnight. Over the last few days I'm getting quite intense ones at odd periods during the day, and then loads at night. It also feels like the baby is in an odd position - all at the front and top - and it feels like there is a lot of pressure - almost as if my bump is going to burst! It doesn't hurt exactly, just feels like the baby is really straining against the front of my bump. Don't know if any of that makes any sense? It's really uncomfortable and I'm not sure this is normal?

Seeing my midwife on Tuesday but thought I'd see if anyone here had any bright ideas...

Dragonbutter Sat 16-Aug-08 21:25:44

I have no idea, i just wanted to say congratulations. Last time we crossed paths, you were talking about whether to go for and have another. nice news.
smile

MrsMattie Sat 16-Aug-08 21:28:52

Thank you! grin

MrsMattie Sun 17-Aug-08 07:23:14

bump

Strike1 Mon 18-Aug-08 02:53:02

Hi MrsMattie. Same here, 2nd pg, 32 weeks. My bump has been really sore recently, then last week, half way through the day it seems, all my muscles started to ach as well. Calf, thighs, bump, fore arms even my hands! Totally lost as I'm fitter and slimer this time round and had no problems last time. One thing about the bump might be that mine was breech for a few weeks and possbly transverse for a day or two as it turned (which I'm fairly sure it now has done) It's still feels streched and tight though, but different to before. I also get what feels like one long braxton hick from around 7am till.....well I'm up now with a bit of that and restless legs (anemic too, so waiting for the spartone to kick in!) Sorry to hyjack your moan, but I thought I'd let you know your not alone in second pg discomfort. I thought it was supposed to be easier!!

elibumbum Mon 18-Aug-08 09:43:19

I've read somewhere that bh are stronger in subsequent pgs. I got them from 20wks in my first so god knows what they are going to be like this time!

Are you drinking enough? They can get worse if you are dehydrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now