Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hayfever medicine

(6 Posts)
katieskids Sat 16-Aug-08 18:42:04

Can anyone offer me some advise as to what antihistimine tablets are safe to take in pregnancy? So far my nasal spray has kept the worst at bay but for the last few days my eyes and nose have been streaming. I'm not feeling my most attractive as it is, but with red swollen eyes that only feel 'normal' if i can close them,I'm in need of something more!

expatinscotland Sat 16-Aug-08 18:43:11

IIRC, older anti-histamines, like the one in Piriton, is permissable in pregnancy.

feb Sat 16-Aug-08 19:00:22

Your GP will be able to prescribe you some that are safe. you won't have to pay for them then either

savoycabbage Sat 16-Aug-08 19:06:25

I took contac after 12 weeks. I would go and see the GP like Feb says though.

mamatilly Sat 16-Aug-08 20:22:05

i have found an organic herbal barrier in my local health food store called HAY MAX - consistency is like lipbalm and you just pop on below nose each time you sneeeze or blow nose - it has been amazing and i used to suffer terribly. since early summer, not so much as a sniffle... xxx

katieskids Sat 16-Aug-08 20:35:11

Thanks so much, in case you haven't guessed I can't wait until Monday to sort this out with my GP, I'm so desperate to take something cos I'm going to a corporate bbq tomorrow on my own with the dc and wanted to feel (and look!) better. My dh has gone away with scouts so I have to mingle and make conversation. Yikes. Will def try piriton and will scour the health store next time i'm in town. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now