Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So I thought that my waters might have broken this morning......

(7 Posts)
MrsTittleMouse Sat 16-Aug-08 16:42:27

and I'm only 31 weeks pregnant. And my first thought was that it wasn't good for the baby, and my second thought was that I would have to spend the rest of the pregnancy on bed rest in hospital. And I thought "wow, perhaps it wouldn't be quite so bad to be forced to rest - I would have to lie down for days on end...". hmm
That's not good is it? I have friends who have been on bed rest and they were simultaneously stressed out about their babies and bored out of their minds stuck in hospital. So I know that it's hardly a great thing. I'm so tired though. How am I going to be able to get through the next 9 weeks feeling like this and looking after a lively toddler?
(no more leaks, by the way, so I don't think that it was waters at all, I just think that it was (sorry) just a lot of very wet discharge)

eandz Sat 16-Aug-08 16:48:16

**this is what i've been told, so more research is required...before taken too seriously**

umm if your waters break early, wouldn't they want to test for b-strep? (have you already tested for it?)

it could be quite dangerous if you have it and in labor without the antibiotics especially since you need to take it within a certain time period before or during labor i think.

but having your waters break is soo exciting!

from previous threads, you live in st johns wood like i do right? if you want to meet up for coffee or something, maybe i can keep you company or something? i'm at 34 weeks...so another 3 weeks before i try to do everything possible to go into labor.

MrsTittleMouse Sat 16-Aug-08 16:54:54

Don't worry, if the waters had broken I would be getting checked out at the hospital right now. I've been aware to watch out for more fluid today, but there's been none, so I think that it was just the natural increase in wetness down there that happened to me last time (lovely!).

I'm counting down to 37 weeks too - then it's hot curries and long walks and pineapple and nipple tweaking and anything else I can think of to start labour. I am huge and I'm fed up with backache and Braxton Hicks and cervical pain and insomnia and just generally being pregnant! DH just keeps telling me "you never have to do this again" over and over. We had high hopes that this would be an easier pregnancy than last time. Nothing like the triumph of hope over experience, eh? grin I don't live anywhere near St Johns Wood though, so no shared impatience, sorry. I'm nervous about "outing myself" anyway, as I do post personal stuff on here.

WorzselMummage Sat 16-Aug-08 16:57:25

My water went at 30 weeks and it wasnt exciting it was bloody terrifying and fecking annoying ( it was christmas day )

I had to spend 2 weeks in hospital on bed rest, i was bored out of my mind but was being constantly watched for signs of infections etc. I actually lost weight cos the food was so shit and was througherly hacked off by the time dd made her arrival at 32+2.

If your waters go early you'd be unlikely to go to term or even stay pregnant for that long, especialy with 2nd babies cos your body knows what to do.

My waters leaked for weeks befpre but i just thought it was discharge.

eandz Sat 16-Aug-08 16:58:52

i had increased wetness a few weeks ago. i was really hoping to get this kid out of me back then, but turned out it was just the usual stuff because it was hot.

are you going to be using rasberry leaf tea ?

MrsTittleMouse Sat 16-Aug-08 17:04:16

Worzsel - I do know what a stupid thought it was. Like I said, I've seen the mixture of anxiety and boredom that bedrest brings, and I certainly don't want to do it for real. There's just something about the fantasy of being forced to rest while someone else deals with all the other stuff of life (and looks after DD - who in real life I would of course miss terribly), while I just get on with the business of being pregnant. Which I am utterly rubbish at, evidently.

WorzselMummage Sat 16-Aug-08 17:09:32

Oh dont worry i think we all wish our pregnancies would hurry up and be over, i'm 7 weeks and fed up of feelign ill already !

It really isnt much fun having a premature baby though and the thought of bed rest is LUSH but the reality is utter shite.

I wasnt having a go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now