Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fetal Doppler any good? other ways to hear heratbeat of the baby from 14th week?

(7 Posts)
ranirani Sat 16-Aug-08 10:10:43

Hi I am 14 weeks PG, and although grew like anything in the 3rd month, now the growing of my bump has stopped, which is worrying , also my boobs are not sore anymore.... is it normal ?I have looked on the web and found Angelsounds Fetal Doppler, anyone used them? and maybe someone knows any other ways to listen to your baby's heartbeat like with a glass (I am not sure , speculating) whilst I wait for the delivery

duvetheaven Sat 16-Aug-08 12:02:07

I would probably get in touch with the midwife with your concerns? I thought about getting a doppler but a friend pointed out that if I didn't hear a heartbeat that would make me even more anxious. I am now 37 wks and didn't bother with a doppler.
It is normal for various symptoms to come and go for some women.

lazaroulovespastries Sat 16-Aug-08 12:04:56

I bought a doppler and found it very reassuring.
I agree with duvet though, get on to your midwife and say you are worried. someone should at least be able to talk to you on the phone today.

MrsMattie Sat 16-Aug-08 12:10:50

I wouldn't get hung up on hearing the heartbeat with a doppler at home at 14 weeks. You may not be able to find the heartbeat every time at this early stage and if you don't it's going to wind you up even more. You should definitely call your midwife if you have serious concerns.

MrsTittleMouse Sat 16-Aug-08 12:42:36

My OB hated the at-home dopplers as they were the cause of much stress to pregnant women (and him!). It can be hard for the MW to find the heartbeat if the baby is lying in an awkward position, let alone someone stressed out trying to do it on themselves. I would contact your MW instead. She can examine you properly and put your mind at rest.

i have the fetal heart doppler fantastic find it really reassuring. purchased it on babymad.com for £27 with gel plus postage bought mine when 14 wks and found within 5 minutes.
sound is really clear
i agree that you should contact midwife if really concerned.

ranirani Tue 19-Aug-08 20:19:49

Got my fetal doppler this mornign. First thing I did, checked the heart beat. MY DH found it straight away, bless him!!!!
I got him to check it on my heartbeat fisrt to make sure it really works at all .
Can;'t be happier, do not need to go to MF now !!!! heartbeat was fast, OMG!!!!!!
would recommend it to anyone!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now