Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Small bleed at 38 weeks, not a show.....sorry if tmi

(6 Posts)
bootus Fri 15-Aug-08 23:15:23

Just after some reassurance here. Had very light bleed (pinky/light red, not enough to 'leak' on pad but very noticeable on loo paper) earlier this eve, not a show as no mucus or unusual discharge, rang hosp and they seemed pretty unconcerned as babs moving normally. Asked if I had any pain which I didnt, although since I have had very intermittent, light-type periody cramps. Baby still moving so not unduly worried, and bleeding seems to have stopped, but scared me a bit. Any ideas? Normal for hosp to be laid back about this?

aurorec Fri 15-Aug-08 23:56:04

If you're worried you could always go in to the antenatal department and get them to take a look.

QueenyEisGotTheBall Sat 16-Aug-08 00:27:28

not to sound in any way contradictory to what you are saying but i am sort ofhmm it sounds like it may be the start of a show. my 'show' was brown on my knickers with pinkish wipes after i went the loo. it was never mucousy but it can be like this for some women. also as my cervix was dialating when i was in labour i had a small amount of pink/red blood on the tissue paper. i would definitely suggest getting checked out as if you are starting to have mild cramping you could well be ready to go into laboursmile good luck and dont panicsmile
xx ei xx

bootus Sat 16-Aug-08 19:44:30

Thanks ei...smile as it turns out you appear to be right, I bled again last night so tottered off to the hosp, they think it was a 'small show' but I was a little confused as it wasnt what I had expected...can you tell I'm new at this??? grin Baby not engaged yet tho and cervix closed so I'll keep whinging and waddling. x

QueenyEisGotTheBall Sat 16-Aug-08 21:47:29

oooh excellentsmile do you have a birthing ball? it may help your baby to engage to bounce on one as it opens your pelvis and makes more room for babys headsmile if you dont have one straddle a chair (like a dining chair not an armchair lol) have your niggly pains hung around or have they gone?? good lucksmile BTW quite a few ladies say they have a 'show' within 48/72 hours previous to giving birth so who knows you may be about to popgrin
xx ei xx

bootus Sun 17-Aug-08 11:53:32

Hiya ei...I've been dutifully bouncing on my ball! grin but so far to no avail, would be over the moon if your 48/72 hour theory worked for me!!!!The niggly pains seem to have subsided sad altho had couple last night. Ho hum, guess it'll arrive when it is ready. Thanks for suppport!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now