Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning Sickness, yuck! Anyone tried anti sickness tablets? Do they work?

(11 Posts)
Spotsanddots Fri 15-Aug-08 13:23:46

Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant and have morning sickness all day and all night. I was like this with my dd until i was 17 weeks. This time its much worse and I have a 3 year old to look after. My midwife has been great and made me an appointmnet at the doctors re chatting about have some anti sickness tablets.She has assured me they are safe in pregnancy. Any one tried these ? Did they work? How quickly did they work?
I would love to hear your experiences.

RedHead81 Fri 15-Aug-08 15:23:06

i haven't got any experience, but my friend was very ill and dehydrated from sickness and ended up in hospital several times. she took them and they did work for the majority of the time - there were some days when she still felt rough though. i think they were pretty instant in their effect.

emma2617 Fri 15-Aug-08 16:08:23

I took metoclopromide quite early on as i kept having to do the mad dash at work! I had to take 3 a day but they were pretty immediate althoughsome days I still felt a little dodgy! But no where near as bad as i would have without them!

Spotsanddots Fri 15-Aug-08 16:16:10

Thanks for that. I dont know anyone who has experience of this. Anyone else?

sitdownpleasegeorge Fri 15-Aug-08 16:28:50

Anti-sickness medication probably won't stop you feeling sick, you just feel less sick and it should stop you actually vommiting.

missjennipenni Fri 15-Aug-08 16:29:21

Yes, I had them and yes they worked! not straight away, but after a day or two i really felt a difference. After a week, i could even eat again.

missjennipenni Fri 15-Aug-08 16:30:11

I was given stemitil which i took from about 8 weeks til 12 weeks

aschon Fri 15-Aug-08 17:25:31

I was really sick for the first 12 weeks (didn't know I was expecting twins!) and my midwife recommended Glucose powder (a couple of spoons in some water) and Vitamin C (I added half a tablet in a glass of glucose water in the morning and the other half when I felt sick again in the afternoon) - it made ALL the difference and really helped me get through the day. Hope it works for you, I think different things work for different people but might be worth a try. good luck

Marne Fri 15-Aug-08 17:39:07

I had them with dd2, as i worked with food and did'nt want to give up work. they worked straight away.

Mimsy2000 Sun 17-Aug-08 22:02:23

they do help but made me really tired; lesser of two evils to be sure!

suiledonn Sun 17-Aug-08 22:10:05

I had hyperemesis on both pregnancies. Took Stemetil the first time and it didn't help at all. This time I took cyclazine which stopped the vomiting but didn't help the nausea which was awful. Also made me feel a bit out of it. Not good with a toddler. Hope you find something that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now