Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vibrating baby??

(10 Posts)
RIBS Thu 14-Aug-08 15:18:26

I know you get all sorts of wierd movements, aches and pains! Ive had it poking, kicking, making clicking noises, but ive got this wierd vibrating type sensation quite low down. Has anyone else had this or am I gonna give birth to a rampant rabbit??
Im 35 + 5 btw.

ScaryHairy Thu 14-Aug-08 15:21:41

Could it be hiccups?

Hopeysgirlwasntbig Thu 14-Aug-08 15:23:45

RIBS, I had this too with my third pregnancy, and asked about it on Mumsnet, not too uncommon it seems and nothing to worry about.

I think someone mentioned something about the baby's immature nervous system or something, maybe wrong.

Whatever the cause, it;s normal.

HTH and good luck x

PInkyminkyohnooo Thu 14-Aug-08 15:25:05

LOts of hiccups and gurglings are quite common, but hiccups tend to be quite rhythmical.

Is it the shuddering baby thing again? I had this with DD, and there have been a few threads about it.

When DD was born, she still did this funny shudder thing from time to time for a while,but there was nothing wrong with her, maybe soemthing to do with the nervous stsytem developing?

tiggerlovestobounce Thu 14-Aug-08 15:36:56

I've had that. No idea what is was, but all babies were healthy.

RIBS Thu 14-Aug-08 15:44:38

Defo not hiccups, he/she gets them at least 3 or 4 times a day. Yeah, its quite like a really fast shuddering. I have a mild type of epilepsy which I was taking medication for but stopped at 3months. Im worried now that this is affecting the development of the nervous system? Am I panicking unnecessarily now or did the shuddering completely stop after being born??

PInkyminkyohnooo Thu 14-Aug-08 15:55:19

NO I don't think it's anything to worry about, but you could talk to your HCP, if you are worried. I was worried it was because I was on a lot on anti-emetics but was assured to the contrary. DD was born at 39 weeks, and she did shudder from time to time when having her nappy changed etc. BUT SHE WAS FINEsmile

RIBS Thu 14-Aug-08 16:02:24

Thanks Pinky, have mw appt on Monday will see what she says.
I've been fretting about the effect of these drugs for months. You cant help but worry!!

fettle Thu 14-Aug-08 17:41:47

Just wanted to add that I had this too with my second pg - asked MW and she looked as if I was mad. Mumsnet reassured me and 10 mth DS is exploring the book case as I write!grin Nothing wrong with him at all!!! Best go rescue the books really!!

smile

Fufulina Thu 14-Aug-08 17:47:14

Just to add - that's exactly how I first felt movement with this one (my first). It felt like I was standing on a road and a train was vibrating beneath me - but localised to the side of me where I later found out his feet were! Flutterings - not a jot of it - it was vibrations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now