Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How often should you be seen once you reach 40 weeks?

(9 Posts)
KnockOffNorbert Thu 14-Aug-08 14:53:25

I last saw my MW at 39 + 3 and wasn't given another appointment. I didn't really think about it because I assumed I'd probably give birth before it, but now I am 40 + 6 and have no appointments or anything. MW is only in Monday mornings (and away for this Monday coming) but by then I am 40 + 10 (41 + 3) and it seems a long time at this stage. Hospital won't do anything without MW referral so am at abit of a loose end.

lauraloola Thu 14-Aug-08 14:58:58

I had my last appointment at 38 weeks. Had dd at 39+6. My midwife didnt mention anything to me about going back after 40 weeks just good luck for the labour!!

Is she there to call now so that you can get some advice?

KnockOffNorbert Thu 14-Aug-08 15:02:20

Nope, she is only a MW for appointments, I have to phone the hospital for other things and they said see my MW hmm Last time things followed the same pattern and I had a sweep on what would be tomorrow and was induced on what will be Sunday.

CaptainKarvol Thu 14-Aug-08 15:03:38

41 weeks. So say NICE guidelines.

KnockOffNorbert Thu 14-Aug-08 15:06:48

Thanks, I've obviously slipped through the net (again) - what a PITA.

becklespeckle Thu 14-Aug-08 15:09:14

was seen at 40+1 and then not again until my appt to discuss inducement at 40+11 (they book this at your 20 week scan here just in case you go that far over)

orangehead Thu 14-Aug-08 15:11:14

Weekly I think

PetitFilou1 Thu 14-Aug-08 17:05:39

I have just been seen (at 38 weeks) and nothing booked now unless I need a sweep (at 41 weeks). Mw said there was no clinical reason to see me again before that as all normal...

imaginewittynamehere Thu 14-Aug-08 17:09:19

You should see yur midwife weekly - your doctor should be able to give you an appointment if the midwife is not available.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now