Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

do i need to buy bpa free baby bottles if so where online r the best places to buy them

(14 Posts)

hi

friend has been teliing me all about how plastic in normal baby bottles is dangerous
interested as to whether i need to buy bpa free bottles she bought some on net

spottedandstriped Wed 13-Aug-08 19:28:50

Try amazon - they have bibi bottles. You can also get born free bottles which are BPA free.

I don't know whether you need to - but I bought some as if you google BPA it is pretty scary.

Hope this helps

gagarin Wed 13-Aug-08 19:30:34

breast feed...solves it all!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 13-Aug-08 19:32:20

I got mine from here, but have yet to use them, so I can't recommend them as such.

fledtoscotland Wed 13-Aug-08 20:17:41

mam bottles are BPA free and you can get them at boots, mothercare, babies r us. also dr browns are glass (therefore BPA free) and are available in the same places.

mel2005 Fri 29-Aug-08 10:00:57

i am now thinking about this as well, i always used to use dr browns and they do a bpa free version as well but i cant find the non glass version in the uk. the bottles i have bought for my twins are not BPA free so i might put them on e-bay and spend a bit more for the BPA free ones.
i like the anti colic bottles but did find the extra bits in dr brown bottles a bit of a pain and hard to clean and i origionally had a problem with them leaking so i called them and they sent me an extra bit to add on the valve (another thing to wash). they do look like they have redesigned the newest version but som places still have the older version, the born free ones have a one part anticolic bit which could be easier to clean.

kookiegoddess Fri 29-Aug-08 10:15:08

Just had my NCT breastfeeding class last night, bottles containing BPA have been banned in the USA so a good place to buy BPA free bottles is ASDA (owned by Walmart, US company). Look for asda own brand I think.

I am also planning to use Dr BRowns, but didn't realise they were glass... Anyway hope this won't be an immediate problem and baby takes to breastfeeding!!

mel2005 Fri 29-Aug-08 10:22:38

dr browns do make a bpa free, non glass version but i cant find anyone that sells it in the uk. there is an american seller on e-bay that will ship here that i have just found i think it works out £4 a bottle inc postage, not sure if i will have to pay tax on that as well.
i do like the glass idea but i dont know how many i will end up smashing doing night-time feeds with twins.

slinkiemalinki Fri 29-Aug-08 20:11:31

I bought some MAM bottles today for the odd bit of expressing I plan to do - they say BPA free. You can get them in Boots.

slinkiemalinki Fri 29-Aug-08 20:13:15

or boots.com of course

mschief Thu 11-Sep-08 13:09:58

I have ordered some BPA free baby bottles from an online baby and toddler boutique, nowhere near me has any! I think it is an Australian site, but they ship internationally. I was tired of driving around looking for them.
They have a good range of BPA free baby bottles in plastic and glass. I emailed them before I placed my order and they gave me a discount on the international shipping cost. So I am happy with that! See what you think, visit their site: www.calunaloves.com.au.
I will relax a bit when my new bottles arrive, I really don't like the thought of using the polycarbonate Avent ones.

LittleWeePickle Thu 11-Sep-08 13:39:18

Asda own brand bottles are BPA free and quite cheap - bottles are pricey, and so are replacement teats.

How likely are glass bottles (I am considering these for my next one) to break or chip?

Are there any drawbacks to using glass? I hope not.

Boob best tho! Booblove is wonderful!

tinkhasanactivebean Thu 11-Sep-08 14:37:34

i decided to by bpa free mam ones online

charliex0x Tue 18-Aug-09 13:34:53

Born Free do great BPA free bottles - in both glass and plastic. I am still using their bottles on my second baby, and they are still going strong. The anti colic plug in their bottles is fantastic; my babies have never suffered with gas or colic. Their BPA Free steriliser is great too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now