Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would a 'Hello Kitty' nursery be naff?

(32 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 13-Aug-08 13:07:41

Is it naff to say naff? hmm grin

Im not talking going all out crazy Japan style Hello Kitty Themed.

Will have plain pink bedding and plain pink bumper, pink and cream walls, beige carpet.

But maybe have a Hello Kitty rug, cushion and I paint character paintings so would do a HK one for the wall with DDs name on.

Hmmmm?

belgo Wed 13-Aug-08 13:09:17

I've seen a Hello Kitty wall clock in the design of a watch.

You could even call her Kitty to complete the themegrin

mollythetortoise Wed 13-Aug-08 13:11:04

yes i think so. But I am anti themed bedrooms anyway so prob not best person to ask. Plus point is it will last beyong her babyhood (as long as she like Hello Kitty of course) prob till she is 5 or 6 unlike a winnie the pooh theme for example.

Pinkjenny Wed 13-Aug-08 13:12:04

I like the idea. Not a fan of themes myself, but think it would look really lovely if you don't go too OTT. smile

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 13-Aug-08 13:13:15

But I could just take the painting down, and get rid of the cusion and rug when she out grows it.

TBH I re-decorate the kids bedroom about every year or so anyways!

Pinkjenny Wed 13-Aug-08 13:17:34

Molly was actually saying she wouldn't outgrow it...

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 13-Aug-08 13:18:32

i promise I wont let it get like this!!

I know, I just meant if she did its easy to change

Pinkjenny Wed 13-Aug-08 13:31:26

Ha ha, I quite like that. smile

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 13-Aug-08 13:43:54

grin

i love all this pink and blue stuff!

mustrunmore Wed 13-Aug-08 13:47:44

I quite like hello kitty smile

Pinkjenny Wed 13-Aug-08 13:48:04

I prefer the first link. Ooooh, you've inspired me! DD is only in the little room at the moment, but when we move her to the bigger room and change her to cot into the bed, I am so going for Hello Kitty. grin

<pj goes off to find an original brain>

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 13-Aug-08 13:54:25

I used to be Hello Kitty mad , when I was about 18! grin

DH still calls me 'Kitty'

i am hello kitty mad. sounds like a great idea to have plain walls and just accessories then like you say when they out grow it you can change theme of accessories.
we made the mistake of doing dds nursey out with winnie the pooh paper when a baby by the time she went into a bed @ 2 years looked really babyish painted over it with green paint

Tortington Wed 13-Aug-08 15:50:52

its the naffiest naff that naffin existed

Marne Wed 13-Aug-08 15:52:47

I think its naff, but i dont like hello kitty.

Pinkjenny Wed 13-Aug-08 15:54:41

All a question of personal taste. I decorated dd's room in Cath Kidston spotty (which I know loads of MNers hate as well...), and I loved it, but well, I wish her room had a bit more personality.

It seems a bit dull to me now. I'm going to make sure her new bedroom has a bit more character.

Will probably give the poor child nightmares.

aurorec Wed 13-Aug-08 15:56:09

I think it sounds quite cute....

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 13-Aug-08 16:03:20

<<sticks tongue out at custy>>

grin I'm doing it.

PortAndLemon Wed 13-Aug-08 16:09:53

I think if, as you describe, it's mostly plain with a couple of Hello Kitty things it would be acceptable grin.

LazyLinePainterJane Wed 13-Aug-08 16:13:48

Thing is, they tend to grow into Hello Kitty, at about 12 or so grin

maybe you could wait until then

bikerunski Wed 13-Aug-08 16:17:20

Not keen on theemes bedrooms, but I think the beige carpet will keep it from being OTT pink.

Pinkjenny Wed 13-Aug-08 16:17:22

This is true. Dd has a big Hello Kitty from that Bear Workshop place (she was only about 16wks when we got it, but I had a ball!), and I'm not sure whether she finds it a bit alarming.

She always looks at Kitty very suspiciously.

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 13-Aug-08 19:03:53

lmao,
She will get used to her dammit! lol

savoycabbage Wed 13-Aug-08 19:08:51

I was lying on my dd's bed the other day looking round at her immaculately decorated room and I realised that it was so dull. It made me quite sad.

So I say go for it. In fact I might do it too!

FeelingLucky Wed 13-Aug-08 19:14:35

oh yes, it would be soooooo naff. but, your dd would be soooo lucky.
my dd would LOVE such a room as she's so mad about cats ... have fun decorating ... maiowwwwww

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now