Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Belly Belts - has anyone used them??

(8 Posts)
Shelli08 Tue 12-Aug-08 22:05:48

Hi im 27 weeks pregnant and i cannot find any decent clothes, if i wear normal theyre too tight and if i wear maternity theyre too big. I went on a website to find a belly belt which convert your clothes into maternity wear, has anyone used them, if so can you tell me if they are worth buying ?? Thank you

Sidge Tue 12-Aug-08 22:13:28

You're only going to get bigger so I would buy new clothes smile

If you don't want maternity gear buy different styles and sizes. But you will do most of your growing from about 28/30 weeks on, and normal trousers just aren't comfy.

4andnotout Tue 12-Aug-08 22:15:57

I just sold mine and tbh it wasn't much cop! Better to just buy maternity!

Lionstar Tue 12-Aug-08 22:19:46

I got by with lots of normal stuff and the belly belts, so they worked for me. I did have some maternity trousers with the stretchy top for the last few weeks - but wasn't leaving the house much by then so didn't care if my belly was hanging out all over!

Shelli08 Tue 12-Aug-08 22:25:06

Thanks 4 ur help i might just buy a few dress sizes bigger than maternity just for comfort

whinegums Tue 12-Aug-08 22:28:24

I only used the belt bits with the buttons, the material bit was useless IMO, and I wasn't wearing clothes with side fastenings. Useful for being able to wear non maternity trousers, with a bump band (£5 from TopShop), but I could have improvised myself and saved the money! I still had mat wear too though - wouldn't have been able to use the belly belt on all my clothes.

Wisknit Tue 12-Aug-08 23:27:41

I found mine worse than useless

fragola Wed 13-Aug-08 10:58:46

I used mine when I first started getting a bump, but it only really worked with bottons, or it moved up or down. I was so much more comfy when I got some maternity clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now