Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Belly Belts - has anyone used them??

(8 Posts)
Shelli08 Tue 12-Aug-08 22:05:48

Hi im 27 weeks pregnant and i cannot find any decent clothes, if i wear normal theyre too tight and if i wear maternity theyre too big. I went on a website to find a belly belt which convert your clothes into maternity wear, has anyone used them, if so can you tell me if they are worth buying ?? Thank you

Sidge Tue 12-Aug-08 22:13:28

You're only going to get bigger so I would buy new clothes smile

If you don't want maternity gear buy different styles and sizes. But you will do most of your growing from about 28/30 weeks on, and normal trousers just aren't comfy.

4andnotout Tue 12-Aug-08 22:15:57

I just sold mine and tbh it wasn't much cop! Better to just buy maternity!

Lionstar Tue 12-Aug-08 22:19:46

I got by with lots of normal stuff and the belly belts, so they worked for me. I did have some maternity trousers with the stretchy top for the last few weeks - but wasn't leaving the house much by then so didn't care if my belly was hanging out all over!

Shelli08 Tue 12-Aug-08 22:25:06

Thanks 4 ur help i might just buy a few dress sizes bigger than maternity just for comfort

whinegums Tue 12-Aug-08 22:28:24

I only used the belt bits with the buttons, the material bit was useless IMO, and I wasn't wearing clothes with side fastenings. Useful for being able to wear non maternity trousers, with a bump band (£5 from TopShop), but I could have improvised myself and saved the money! I still had mat wear too though - wouldn't have been able to use the belly belt on all my clothes.

Wisknit Tue 12-Aug-08 23:27:41

I found mine worse than useless

fragola Wed 13-Aug-08 10:58:46

I used mine when I first started getting a bump, but it only really worked with bottons, or it moved up or down. I was so much more comfy when I got some maternity clothes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: