Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness, all day nausea, any tips or foods that helped you?

(22 Posts)
Spotsanddots Tue 12-Aug-08 21:01:46

Hi there, I am 8 weeks pregnant and delighted, this is my second pregnancy and I feel rough 99% of the day. I feel sick nearly all the time. I was like this with my dd1 up until week 17. Any tips that any one can offer will be greatly recvd. Any foods or sweets that helped. I am currently chewing gum, eating apples, ginger biscuits etc, but after eating these 5 mins later i feel the same , any tips please?

DustyTV Tue 12-Aug-08 21:06:54

grated ginger in water was the only thing that helped to ease my morning/day/night sickness. It's awful isn't it. I used to put it in a water bottle and take a sip gulp when I felt sick.

hope you feel better soon.

MarsLady Tue 12-Aug-08 21:07:52

Drink lots of water and stay hydrated. smile

fragola Tue 12-Aug-08 21:09:31

Nothing really helped, but one of the few things that didn't make me sick was dry toasted crumpets. Pregipops seemed to help a bit sometimes too.

You have my sympathy!

Spotsanddots Tue 12-Aug-08 21:11:27

Thanks, I am willing to try anything. I will be heading to the shops tomorrow to get my ginger, Thanks

pleasechange Tue 12-Aug-08 21:12:05

Chocolate and strong boiled sweets helped me (and so I put on over 4 stone!)

Spotsanddots Tue 12-Aug-08 21:12:27

Hi fragola? Whats pregipops?

Spotsanddots Tue 12-Aug-08 21:16:19

What a nightmare, I know it will pass eventually, but as we havent told anyone its really hard when you feel like cr*p and you are trying to appear normal! My stomach has popped out so early this time and i have a face full of spots, how lovely!

lauraloola Tue 12-Aug-08 21:18:04

Salt and vinegar rice cakes really helped me. I would munch on them throughout the day at work.

Spotsanddots Tue 12-Aug-08 21:18:17

I dont mean to moan as we are really happy,but i cant wait for this feeling to pass .

ratbunny Tue 12-Aug-08 21:19:22

I was like this - kept a sick bucket in my car until I was about 5 / 6 months pg. I truly is awful. In the end I got some tablets from the doctors, I think they are for motion sickness, but they worked, nothing else did for me.

Spotsanddots Tue 12-Aug-08 21:19:36

Rice cakes sound good, Thanks Lauralooa, i quite fancy them now! Tescos wont know whats hit them when i get there tomorrow.

pleasechange Tue 12-Aug-08 21:19:37

I sympathise - I had ms until 17 weeks and it was awful

wasabipeanut Tue 12-Aug-08 21:22:57

Uuurrggghhh I remember it well. I just ate loads of plain carbs - toast & marmite, plain bagels and stuff.

Not exactly the best nutrition but it seemed to take the edge off it for a bit.

I had to eat little and often - used to carry cereal bars and dried apricots and stuff.

Congratulations - I know how much your joy can also have the edge taken off by vile sickness. It will pass!

Spotsanddots Tue 12-Aug-08 21:29:08

Thanks everyone, you have made me feel much better already

whatdayisit Tue 12-Aug-08 21:30:16

The only thing I found that helped was to keep eating. I mean constantly grazing. If I got even slightly hungry I'd be sick.

For DS1 the practically the only thing I could keep down for the first 5 months was bran flakes. They're still his favourite breakfast!

Spotsanddots Tue 12-Aug-08 21:34:34

Never thought of branflakes, i think i can stomach them. Excellent another one to add to my shopping list.

sherbetdipdab Tue 12-Aug-08 21:37:26

Poor you, its so rotten feeling like that. I'm nearly 37 weeks with no 2 and I was sick til 16 weeks with this one and all the way through with DS.

I found these crackers with salt and pepper that helped stop the vomitting but couldn't shift the nausea.

The feeling when it finally eased was bliss, it happened very suddenly actually while watching Gordon Ramsay! I remember it very clearly.

hatcam Tue 12-Aug-08 21:40:28

Poor you. Marmite on toast for me was a godsend. Also Ginger & Lemongrass cordial (can't remember who makes it, green conical bottle in most supermarkets) with fizzy water worked wonders. I always felt like I had a hangover (but without the guilty pleasure of having drunk too much wine the night before! smile)

Spotsanddots Tue 12-Aug-08 21:42:47

Was just thinking, how would men cope with this? They would be bed ridden for sure!

hatcam Tue 12-Aug-08 21:45:28

My husband reckons he has sympathetic pregnancy, if he tells me one more time about his indigestion/heartburn I'll dropkick him out the door and all the way to the labour ward wink

Spotsanddots Tue 12-Aug-08 21:46:58

Tee hee, chuckle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now