Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

travel insurance

(5 Posts)
SalBySea Tue 12-Aug-08 17:29:45

my annual travel insurance only covers me till week 18 - that seems terribly early - so I cant travel for a chunk of 2nd trimester which is meant to be the safest time!

This cant be normal!

So I think I'll be needing single trip cover if I go abroad at Christmas as planned - any recommendations for single trip insurance that covers pregnancy up till a reasonable time?

PetitFilou1 Tue 12-Aug-08 18:25:18

Try the post office - whoever is their underwriter covered me when I flew to France at 7 months pregnant three years ago

lauraloola Tue 12-Aug-08 18:27:54

We went to Hong Kong when I was 17 weeks pregnant and bought single trip insurance. There were no questions asked about whether I was pregnant or not. I cant remember who insured us but we found them on a compare website.

Pontypine Tue 12-Aug-08 21:05:57

Endsleigh covered me to go to menorca when i was 20 weeks.

Apparently Pregnancy is classed as a "pre existing medical condition" on most policies!!! It's not like i "caught it" is it?!

PetitFilou1 Tue 12-Aug-08 21:49:36

lauraloola I think you'd have been in trouble if you'd needed to claim - I think you have to mention it to them, it isn't up to them to ask - type thing

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: