Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

travel insurance

(5 Posts)
SalBySea Tue 12-Aug-08 17:29:45

my annual travel insurance only covers me till week 18 - that seems terribly early - so I cant travel for a chunk of 2nd trimester which is meant to be the safest time!

This cant be normal!

So I think I'll be needing single trip cover if I go abroad at Christmas as planned - any recommendations for single trip insurance that covers pregnancy up till a reasonable time?

PetitFilou1 Tue 12-Aug-08 18:25:18

Try the post office - whoever is their underwriter covered me when I flew to France at 7 months pregnant three years ago

lauraloola Tue 12-Aug-08 18:27:54

We went to Hong Kong when I was 17 weeks pregnant and bought single trip insurance. There were no questions asked about whether I was pregnant or not. I cant remember who insured us but we found them on a compare website.

Pontypine Tue 12-Aug-08 21:05:57

Endsleigh covered me to go to menorca when i was 20 weeks.

Apparently Pregnancy is classed as a "pre existing medical condition" on most policies!!! It's not like i "caught it" is it?!

PetitFilou1 Tue 12-Aug-08 21:49:36

lauraloola I think you'd have been in trouble if you'd needed to claim - I think you have to mention it to them, it isn't up to them to ask - type thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now