Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Reading your bumps' mind. Quick poll....

(5 Posts)
ChocOrange05 Tue 12-Aug-08 16:56:45

So - do you think that kicking means that baby likes something or doesn't like something??

snowymum Tue 12-Aug-08 17:27:03

Likes. He goes quiet when the midwife pokes at him, and squirrels away to another corner. When I sing to him he kicks. I have to believe he likes it otherwise he's telling me to keep the noise down, which would be awful!

LackaDAISYcal Tue 12-Aug-08 17:30:15

not sure choco; when DD screeches at the top of her lungs poor virgil does a somersault.

lol at "keep the noise down" smile

He also has a habit of going very still whenever anyone else puts their hands on my bump, but will happily wriggle and squirm for me.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 12-Aug-08 17:33:07

He always moves when I eat - maybe I am a noisy chewer blush

Like Daisy, he can be going crazy, but as soon as someone other than me touches my bump he goes still.

Oh, and he always does a huge movement when the MW is using her sonic-aid.

ChocOrange05 Tue 12-Aug-08 17:52:10

Mine always moves when DH puts his hand on bump or when we read to it / play it music so I am hoping that means it likes it!!

Also sometimes when I poke my belly button it pokes right back, I feel like its some kind of special communication we have and not bump telling me to p*ss off! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now