Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone have a stokke cot? Will normal flat or fitted sheets fit it in mini position?

(9 Posts)
hopefully Tue 12-Aug-08 16:33:06

Mine hasn't arrived yet, and I am slightly averse to spending £10 per sheet for the mini ones when i can buy lovely organic cotton flat sheets for that price, or non organic ones for a fraction of that...

Also, if I can buy normal sheets, should I buy moses basket, pram or cot size?

ChocOrange05 Tue 12-Aug-08 16:55:32

Hopefully I have the Stokke cot and haven't bought sheets yet but you can just buy normal sheets and wrap them round the mattress, although it won't be as good a fit. Also, I imagine flat sheets are better than fitted if you're going to do this?

If you are going to buy a flat sheet I would say buy a cot size as then it should still be useable when you increase the size of the cot.

You'll be really pleased when you receive your cot - we put ours up a couple of weeks ago and we love it! smile

hopefully Tue 12-Aug-08 19:07:57

Just checked out the stokke website for dimensions - think I''ll be a cheapskate and get cot sheets and use those funny stretchy clippy things they have on the jojomamanbebe site to make them the right size. Thanks Choc!

BreeVanderCampLGJ Tue 12-Aug-08 19:18:13

We bought two stokke fitted sheets and it made life so much easier.

Picture this, baby puking during the night. You take the sheet off, and pop another one on, no struggling with trying to make it fit.

In the scheme of things, cots, prams, play gyms it is not that much .

And lets be honest, you probably won't have to buy any clothes for the baby for the first six months or more.

Thankyouandgoodnight Tue 12-Aug-08 21:39:32

I have a stokke and I agree with the sick thing - fitted sheets are easier. I did start off with flat sheets but found it too fiddly! I think you should be fine to get the cot fitted to use on the mini though....and then you have them already when you get to that stage.

cmotdibbler Tue 12-Aug-08 21:45:34

I had the mini cot sheets for mine, and they are a much nicer fit. If you are interested, I just haven't got round to selling them yet - would 5 quid for two sound reasonable ?

We adore our Stokke cot btw - DS is 2 and we are just contemplating taking the side off now.

hopefully Wed 13-Aug-08 08:39:51

Ooh, cmot, that is v reasonable! If you have an email address or something, I would def be interested in buying them...

cmotdibbler Wed 13-Aug-08 10:48:31

Can you CAT me, or turn yours on so that I can CAT you ?

Its the sort of thing that doesn't seem worth the effort of putting on ebay, and so is just sitting annoying me that it doesn't have a good home

dinkystinky Sat 16-Aug-08 16:20:39

I got the stokke cot too (DS now 2 and in it - contemplating taking side down too now) and totally agree with fitted sheets - lifesaver in middle of night. If you want to go with normal sheets, you need to get some clips to hold the two sides together (as I found DS managed to ruck up normal sheets totally when rolling round in cot when got a bit more mobile).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now