Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Had my 20 week scan ....

(16 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Tue 12-Aug-08 15:19:54

all is fine, and she was confirmed to be a girl!

Every things fine, sonographer said everything looks great but baby was head down, with her head right against my cervix so she couldn't get the head measurements properly so ia have to go back for another scan in 2 weeks time (yey! love scans, lol)

Its so magical seeing her on that screen,

i just love her so much already, it makes me fill up! <sob!>

and we got 4 photos for free too as we had to wait for a while as she was behind with appointments.

grin

belgo Tue 12-Aug-08 15:21:39

That's lovely!

belgo Tue 12-Aug-08 15:21:45

That's lovely!

savoycabbage Tue 12-Aug-08 15:22:19

Congratulations!

bikerunski Tue 12-Aug-08 15:25:04

Oooh, how exiting. I loved my 20 week scan. Had 12 week scan at 9 weeks as I was ill, and was in patient anyway. Spent whole time trying not to hurl. 20 weeks was so much nicer!grin

Purplepillow Tue 12-Aug-08 15:25:23

Congratulations glad everything is ok grin

DisenchantedPlusBump Tue 12-Aug-08 15:31:24

I'm well ahppy I have to go back for another, they are so lovely, a little window inside to have a sneaky peek at your baby! I cry every time.

I just feel so blessed to have 2 beautiful sons and now a tiny daughter growing inside me.

I feel like the luckiest person in the world at the moment!

TheDevilWearsPrimark Tue 12-Aug-08 15:34:43

Bless. Glad to hear some good news. You seem ecstatic, can't blame you!

I can still get teary over my scan photos, remembering the excitement.

DisenchantedPlusBump Tue 12-Aug-08 16:11:03

she looks really beautiful too, maybe thats just in my head because I know shes a girl as most scan photos look the same! grin

aurorec Tue 12-Aug-08 16:12:46

Congratulations!!!! Little girls rock.... wink

rrrayray Tue 12-Aug-08 18:18:24

Aaahhh, you've made me so excited for my 20 weeks scan! I was so miserable with sickness for my 12 week scan and that was emmotional, this is going to be a whole new thing! Woo!

Lucky you finding out the sex- Our NHS trust wont Sex babies- Cheers. But, on the plus, means we'll have a private one around 22 weeks, another scan- yay!

DisenchantedPlusBump Tue 12-Aug-08 19:54:08

lol, this will be my 4th!

12 week NHS

17 week private gender

20 week NHS

and 22 week NHS!

I hope it all goes well, when is it?

EffiePerine Tue 12-Aug-08 19:56:01

Mine today as well . We go back in a fortnight too (little monkey had his hands in front of his face the whole time).

MASSIVE head though shock

babylove123 Tue 12-Aug-08 21:29:50

Well done to you both!

i had to have a 20 and 22 week scan too because they couldnt check her heart at the first one.

Pre-warn though, my 22 wasnt an enjoyable experience. I was only in there 2 minutes and because they dont like having to do them again, they dont tell you what you're looking at and dont even let you see bits that you'd like to see like her face or anything. I got really upset after mine as i thought it would be as caring and nice as my 20 week. Not saying all hospitals are the same but just a pre-warn that they dont take the time and excitement over the next one.

dizzydixies Tue 12-Aug-08 21:33:04

lovely news smile

I had to have 9 scans with this one and they were lovely to me each time so hope they are with you too

largeginandtonic Tue 12-Aug-08 21:39:10

smile

What fantastic news!!! You too Effie [smile[

I have mine soon, am 18 weeks already!

< waves to rray >

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now