Talk

Advanced search

is this the onset of SPD? Help!

(3 Posts)
mad4mybaby Tue 12-Aug-08 14:48:51

I had bad SPD with my ds (2) and had probs with my back before that pg. Am 25 weeks and have been seeing osteopath before i got pg and she said she didnt think id get spd this time round. Last few days ive felt really achy at the bottom of my back and right at the bottom of my bump/pelvis area. I remember how bad spd is but cant remember how it started.

Does this sound likley? Would a support belt help?

Slickbird Tue 12-Aug-08 14:52:05

hmm Could be. Sometimes sciatica can cause pain to travel round the front and down the back or front of your leg. But if you are feeling it in your pubic bone then it could be SPD. I had it bad last time too so I know what it's like. The best thing you can do is stay off your feet wherever possible as I have been told that is something that def. aggrivates it. Support belt won't do any harm. I'm just biding my time too to see if I get it again...

Good luck!

mad4mybaby Tue 12-Aug-08 17:58:50

i wish i could stay off my feet but as i have a 2yr old at home im always running round after him. Can anyone recommend using the support belts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now