Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The return of the nausea at 24 weeks?

(10 Posts)
Fufulina Tue 12-Aug-08 13:04:12

Hi all,

I felt rough as a badger's arse for the first 20 weeks of being pregnant (it's my first), and having had 4 weeks of feeling normal, am feeling like shite again today... Has anyone had the nausea come back at 24 weeks?

TIA

bethoo Tue 12-Aug-08 13:06:39

yes. i had morning sickness til 14 weeks then again at the start of my third trimester.
out of curiosity do youi know what you are having?
my first preg just had morning sickness in first trimester and that was a boy, this time round however is a girl!

Fufulina Tue 12-Aug-08 13:11:09

Thanks bethoo - have no idea what I'm having. I keep hoping for a puppy, but I think it's definitely a baby grin.

How long did your second bout of sickness last?

ajm200 Tue 12-Aug-08 13:21:38

I had sickness all the way though my first pregnancy - a boy. It lasted right though to labour. Stopped when he arrived.

This time I got away with it until 30 weeks. Now I'm being sick thoughout the day but it is caused by acid reflux. This one is a girl

hanaflower Tue 12-Aug-08 13:23:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bethoo Tue 12-Aug-08 13:25:41

well it comes and goes, at one stage if i was hungry i felt sick and if i ate i felt sick! cant win!
it is not so bad now and i am at 32v weeks though i still have my days where i do retch but usually bought on by clearing cat sick! grin

Fufulina Tue 12-Aug-08 13:26:41

Thanks ladies - unfortunately, it's not lack of food causing it wink. Actually, I don't know why I'm being so sodding chirpy about this... I hate the nausea!

karney Tue 12-Aug-08 14:05:49

I'm 39 weeks today. I,ve had nausea all the way through this pregnancy. Today it's really back with a vengence! It only seems to go away when I,m eating certain foods... bring on the ice cream! smile

whiteorchid Tue 12-Aug-08 14:22:48

The dreaded nausea returns for me in the mornings if I'm tired, and is usually a sign I need an early night. Like this morning, for instance, because I got up to pee four times last night. Grrr.

Fufulina Tue 12-Aug-08 14:45:46

Whiteorchid - v bizarre - I have always been a night-time pee'er (TMI?), and I didn't think pregnancy had made much difference but last few nights have been up and down all night. Also suddenly shattered again. That definitely might be it.

Thanks ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now