Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

33 weeks pregnant and just had first nosebleed... normal?!

(7 Posts)
hoff Tue 12-Aug-08 09:11:28

it didn't last long but just freaked me out a bit as i've never had a nosebleed before -does this come with the territory?¿ hmm

ManxMum Tue 12-Aug-08 09:31:19

I used to get nose bleeds with DS3. I had normally low blood pressure and when it went up to normal with the pregnancy, my nose used to bleed!
Mention to GP/MW, just to be safe.

Good Luck!!!

bethoo Tue 12-Aug-08 09:41:43

it is common due to increased blood supply and vessels becomes swollen etc.
my nose bleeds all the time and i am 32 weeks.

tokentotty Tue 12-Aug-08 09:43:56

Am only about halfway through this Pregnancy and like last time, have had nosebleeds regularly throughout. Nothing necessarily to do with blood pressure and nothing to worry about. There's more blood in your body so is closer to the surface (hence veinier(?) boobs etc) and the delicate, sensitive nasal membranes bleed easily.

quickerthistimeplease Tue 12-Aug-08 09:53:04

Another one who had nosebleeds all through first pregnancy. Waiting to see what happens with this one. Also had heavy pounding in ears a lot of the time. Think it is something to do with your blood being pumped around a lot more?
Nothing to worry about.

hoff Tue 12-Aug-08 10:38:28

thanks everyone, really set my mind at rest!

babylove123 Tue 12-Aug-08 12:47:52

Am another with her first nose bleed! I have had 3 since i've been pregnant and am now 25 weeks. Feels rather strange doesnt it? I was told it was just to do with more blood pumping round so im not worried. Am not used to it though!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now