Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

brown spotting/discharge

(14 Posts)
laura1987 Tue 12-Aug-08 08:58:03

i am currently 5+4 weeks and am on my 2nd pregnancy after miscarrying last, i had a scan at 4wk5days and they told me everything norm for what i was however not very conclusive at this stage, i had a bit of red blood day after then subsided to just brown only when i wipe, has eased off now but had a line in my underwear sorry if too much info. all only sem to be brown. have had one of two major craps since saturday but nothing since has anyone had this and lost or have you had this and had successful pregnancy?

sounds like implantation
brown is always a good sign as old blood reassuring that you have had a scan.

ajm200 Tue 12-Aug-08 09:06:47

As tink said, sounds like an implantation bleed. Sounds like what you have now is a bit of old blood that is taking a while to clear.

I has some heavy early and late bleeds when I was expecting my son, he is now a happy and healthy two year old.

With this pregnancy, I had periods for the first 5 months and light spotting daily for the first few mnths. I'm now in week 30 and the baby is fine.

Bleeding in pregnancy is very common and doesn't always lead to miscarrage

laura1987 Tue 12-Aug-08 09:12:14

thanks for your messages guys, is reassuring i am not alone!just so petrified that i will lose again, got a feeling they will be drawing blood for hcg checks on thursday, its two days away but seems forever,

Nath Tue 12-Aug-08 17:37:47

Hey Laura1987 - I am in the same boat, am 4+5 and miscarried my last pregnancy at around this time (I also have a healthy one year old).....

I had some pinky discharge yesterday and now brown when I wipe and am so nervous its another miscarriage.......when I had my daughter I had a problem free and blood free pregnancy so its all new to me!

To top it off I have just moved to the States so I don't even have a doctor yet so no idea where to go to get checked out...

I am guessing that if it was serious it would be red (like last time) - I do have bad cramps and backache too which isn't improving my confidence though......sad

ajm200 Thu 14-Aug-08 08:26:11

Nath, you should get yourself checked out. Bleeding with cramps is not good. Speak to your neighbours to find out where the nearest doctor is or maybe your medical insurance provider can advice

I've had a lot of bleeding during both pregnancies. The only time I had to be monitored was a few weeks ago when I had bleeding and cramps.

Minki17 Thu 14-Aug-08 09:33:23

I'm having browny pink discharge. This is my third pregnancy - have a 5 year old and a 16 year old. Am 38 and 4+5 weeks pg. Am not having cramps as such, but little twinges in my lower back. Am terrified that I'm having a mc. Any advice sad

Kalikaroo Thu 14-Aug-08 14:02:48

Hi there. I've been having brown blood since sunday with discomfort rather than cramping. I phoned the midwife today and she told me that it's really common in early pregnancy (I'm 7 weeks) and that you should only really be worried if the blood starts to be like your period and you have some cramping. Otherwise she said that the best thing is just to try and relax and contact a doctor if the symptoms get worse. I mentioned having a scan and she said that at this stage it isn't much use and it's better to wait a few weeks. She then booked e in for an appointment at the beginning of September.

Hope this reassures you all - though you can never be 100% sure and it's a matter of 'wait and see', I definitely feel cautiously optimistic now, since I was convinced it was a mc.

gingerninja Thu 14-Aug-08 14:14:22

I'm 8 weeks and have had a couple of occasions of pinky browny spotting but as it hasn't lasted, I haven't been too concerned although I didn't have this when pg with my DD. In both pregnancies I've suffered quite strong cramping, like I'm about to have a period. The first turned out fine and my DD is now almost 2. So far so good with this one. Only time will tell. I know it's easir said than done but do try and give yourself a break from thinking about it. It'll be a long few weeks before you have a scan and feel reassured. And stay off the internet. You'll convince yourself you're going to miscarry.

Nath Thu 14-Aug-08 17:47:06

Its true staying off the internet is a good idea - you really wind yourself up don't you!!

Thanks ajm200 - I checked out a doctor who told me to go for blood tests over a few days to check my levels (whether they are rising).
Am pretty sure I am miscarrying tho as now bleeding quite heavily and very very red - although the cramping seems to have died down alot which is odd......!

What will be will be I guess, am blessed with one dd so very lucky for that!

ajm200 Thu 14-Aug-08 18:01:53

Oh Nath, I hope it all turns out ok for you.

nixpix Thu 14-Aug-08 19:51:59

just want to add that in this pregnancy I had 40 days of brown/pink spotting from about 4 weeks on and off till 12 weeks and then it just stopped. Drove me half mad as I was convinced I was miscarrying all the time as had had one 9 months previously. The Early Pregnancy Unit were v good and did blood tests early on to see if HCG levels were doubling and then 2 scans. Don't hesitate to contact them, your doc will be able to give you the number. They scan to check it's not an ectopic and once you see a heartbeat after 7 weeks, your chance of miscarriage goes right down.
I also had period pain style cramping on and off which added to my trauma, but this can just be your uterus stretching and growing. Yes, and try to stay off the internet, otherwise you'll convince yourself it's all manner of awful things,
hope it turns out ok for you all,
my thoughts are with you.

Nath Fri 15-Aug-08 02:35:32

Thanks! Will keep you posted......

HongKongStewie Fri 15-Aug-08 10:16:47

I had brown spotting at about 6 weeks, which then turned into red bleeding and even some clots - however, am now 16 weeks and baby is absolutely fine. This was accompanied by weird sensations which I think was uterus growing. I got lots of rest and drank a lot of water, it all turned out okay. Did see doc. for red bleeding. Fingers x'd for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now