Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

vertbaudet maternity clothes has anyone had any before r they good

(24 Posts)

hi

i am 18 wks thursday and huge already look 6 months.
browsing internet and saw that vertbaudet have a sale on for bits i want

looking @ getting blue wrap cardy, jeans and 4 tops

worried that i will get them and wont fit or look right wont beable to afford them in mothercare otherwise nearer time. all vertbaudet clothes in sale r up to 70 % off

auntyspan Mon 11-Aug-08 14:37:04

well they don't suit me - I think they're made for people over 5' 5" as I bought a jacket in their sale and it looked ridiculous on me!!

You might be OK with jeans and stuff though ?

cheers i am 5ft2 going to get my mum to take jeans up

2catsand1rabbit Mon 11-Aug-08 15:35:25

I've just ordered loads in their sale as it looks lovely. I haven't received stuff yet and I've had an email to say that two of my items are not available (prob sold out).
sad

aurorec Mon 11-Aug-08 15:39:50

Their skirts are really good.

I haven't bought anything else from them.

Have a look at La Redoute as well, I don't know if they have a sale on at the moment, but their stuff is nice. So is Pumpkin Patch, but they size VERY big.

LackaDAISYcal Mon 11-Aug-08 15:49:12

I have some denim bermuda shorts. The quality is good, but they lack elastic at the top of the overbump bit and fall down all the time without a belt (which then digs into bottom of bump). i got a cardi in the sale, not wrap around, but with a flower type fastening at the neck and it was open all the way down. It was truly horrid when it arrived so was sent back.

The sale stuff can be hit and miss whether they still have it in stock, so be prepared to be disappointed when it doesn't arrive and you get the apology email.

La Redoute are the same company as Vertbaudet, so they have similar stock issues unfortunately.

poorbuthappy Mon 11-Aug-08 15:51:40

Try H&M - I got there yesterday as I am on holiday next week and had nothing to wear.
Its my first time in there for maternity and I was absolutely shocked about the amount of stuff in there (well in Cardiff anyway)...
the most maternity stuff I've seen in RL!

poorbuthappy Mon 11-Aug-08 15:52:53

Oooo I also saw some of the Topshop maternity stuff yesterday, and whilst I picked everything up and thought that's nice, I couldn't quite bring myself to buy any of it...I don't think I could imagine myself wearing it anyway...

Reginaphilangy Mon 11-Aug-08 15:54:23

I find the sizing small. Just something to be aware of ...

i have just ordered some bits
x1 jeans
x2 cardies,
x3 tops

i ordered 10 to 12 so should be just right

fragola Mon 11-Aug-08 17:13:45

I ordered a couple of dresses and three tops a few months ago and sent them all back. They were cut really badly and just looked awful on me. I was really disappointed, as they looked so nice in the catalogue.

Maybe I was unlucky in what I ordered or am just a funny shape though!

The best things that I've found have been from Red Herring maternity at Debenhams.

fizzbuzz Mon 11-Aug-08 17:44:00

I found them really comfortable. I had quite a lot from them. Trousers were most comfy of all the ones I had

4andnotout Mon 11-Aug-08 17:48:17

I have the denim bermuda shorts too and love them They were only £7 which was even better grin

PInkyminkyohnooo Mon 11-Aug-08 18:07:41

I got a bfeeding top from them and it's really nice.
I got some fab shorts and tops from H&M the other day. A nice pair of maternity shorts for 3pounds (sorry no pound sign on this keyboard)

mslucy Mon 11-Aug-08 18:39:27

they are nice but the sizes are small (French).

the kids' clothes are tiny too.

I like Top Shop best, although they are a bit pricey.

I'm afraid ebay is the way forward this time round - plus a few bits and pieces I've begged and borrowed off friends.

i will have to wait and see what they are like if no good @ least i can send them back

Goldiewithabump Tue 12-Aug-08 09:11:05

I got half of my maternity stuff from Verbaudet sale and have worn it non stop. Found some of the dresses quite roomy at first but have all grown with me. Took a while for it to be delivered, but would order from them again.

zoejeanne Tue 12-Aug-08 14:57:46

I regularly order from La Redoute, and as long as you're prepared to order twice as much as you need and then not receive some and send some back because the colour or cut is wrong, then I love it - I will be trying Vertbaudet now I'm pg. I think stock issues and badly fitting clothes is an occupational hazard for any mail order, but I still prefer that than fighting for space in changing rooms!

(PS went to New Look yesterday - maternity vests for just £2 - bargain!)

fizzbuzz Tue 12-Aug-08 16:51:12

It seems to come up on here a lot about stock issues at La Redoute?Verbaudet.

Why don't they do something about it? Other mail order retailers seem to manage. I remember ordering something right at the beginning of a season and it was never in stock. I never actually received it!

The jeans are shite

The other stuff ok, but comes up small and washes badly.

Nowhere near the quality of the kids stuff imo.

However due to their 'send back in 6 mo if not happy rule' mine all went back for full refund at end of pg. grin

received all of my maternity sale items fab

PhoebeLaura Tue 19-Aug-08 11:21:31

I thought the quality was terrible; thin, unlined, horrid fabric... I sent everything back. H&M and Mamas & Papas were better for me.

Kirky12 Tue 19-Aug-08 11:45:11

The best jeans I got on e-bay were from seraphine, they fitted as soon as I grew out of my normal jeans till now ( wk40), best worn with a bump band over them as cut quite low. Otherwise both HM and Top Shop have good stuff.....warning if you're quite small throughout all the "bump" tops can be too big, you're probably better off with normal empire line tops and long vests to wear under your own clothes....

Heartmum2Jamie Tue 19-Aug-08 12:46:23

I have a pair of their jeans that I will probably offer on freecycle because even though I am a day shy of 30 weeks, I can't keep them up at all, I bought a size 12 (I think as that is the size I was pre-pregnancy) but they are HUGE and it is obvious that they will not fit me at any stage, as apart from my bump, I have lost weight in other areas. The most comfy pair of trousers I have are from H&M that my best friend picked up for me from a charity shop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now