Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I want to eat soap bubbles

(34 Posts)
misdee Sun 10-Aug-08 18:17:08

again!

this happened when pregnant with dd3.

the smell of bubble bath is making my mouth water.

i am weird

[tries to not give in]

Califrau Sun 10-Aug-08 18:28:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

funnypeculiar Sun 10-Aug-08 18:28:54

Very very strange, misdee.

Did you give in last time? And was the experience not rather, ahem, soapy?

stickybean Sun 10-Aug-08 19:25:20

Had to reply to this post, this is me. My paticular favorites are carex hand soap and radox bubble bath.
For the hand soap i just sniff my hands like mad after i wash them.
In the bath i kind of smack the bubbles on my face, occasionally licking my hands but try not to.
Mad isn't it!
Sometimes i just sniff the bottles.

Bronze Sun 10-Aug-08 19:28:47

For me it was the urge to eat dishwasher tablets.

MmeLindt Sun 10-Aug-08 19:30:40

lol at the bottle sniffers

I am so wierd, I did not get any cravings (apart from gherkins but that is so normal)

misdee Sun 10-Aug-08 19:36:21

i used to buy dove soap with dd3, to sniff it. and scrub my face with it, so it left a lingering taste on my lips blush

i also craved the smell of exhaust fumes, candles when they had been blown out, and bubbles.

radoxs sleep easy bubble bath is so so tempting. i want to eat the bubbles.

[freak]

Psychobabble Sun 10-Aug-08 19:53:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 10-Aug-08 20:07:06

ooh how strange!

I've not had anything that odd, although being drawn to the smell of raw beef is driving me spare, it's calling to me!

madmouse Sun 10-Aug-08 21:48:49

It has a name

It is called pica

Other culprits are wanting to eat coal, ash, cement

There is a theory that you may be deficit in something and I have heard that you are supposed to mention it to mw.

Sassafrass Sun 10-Aug-08 21:56:19

I'm very keen on chalk but I can get away with just smelling it.

misdee Sun 10-Aug-08 21:59:01

am just wondering if it could be because i have gone off meat again.

i am not actually eating it, but the smell is deliscious!

ImnotOK Sun 10-Aug-08 22:00:37

Nail varnish for me ,had to be clear and cold I used to paint it on and bite it off blush

miomaolalalalala Mon 11-Aug-08 15:13:23

i really really wanted to eat firelighters. i knew of course i couldn't but it was the chemical smell and the imagined texture of biting into it

Slickbird Mon 11-Aug-08 15:18:33

Ha ha ha. You lot are funny. Although, I can't talk as I used to eat earth by the truckload when I was a kid and even now when I smelt wet earth I start salivating! Mmmmm.

Miomaolalalala - I had to read yours twice as I thought you said you really wanted to eat Fire Fighters! I've fancied a few in my time myself...! wink

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 11-Aug-08 15:57:33

Oh I am craving the smell of mint source shower gel now...I love it sooooo much, and floor cleaner (ecover natural one) I could also sniff my camomile hand soap for hours! Not wanting to eat it yet tho...

lollipopz Mon 11-Aug-08 16:21:08

Lol this was me i used to buy loads of baby sponges and sit in the bath and cook the bubbles off blush! xx

lollipopz Mon 11-Aug-08 16:22:15

I meant sook not cook! blush

timewaster Tue 12-Aug-08 10:31:11

Lollipopz, I had some kind of weird sponge obsession when pg too, something to do with texture, would cut them up and cram them in my mouth and suck bathwater off them. My dh kept throwing out my sponge collection (it was growing quite large) and I would go out and buy more and hide them. (Think he thought he'd married a raving nutter!) blush

ThatBigGermanPrison Tue 12-Aug-08 10:33:53

i used to sniff bleach. My floor had nevert been so clean, my house smelled like a hair dresser's.

OldieButGoldie Tue 12-Aug-08 12:27:52

With me it was rubber....hot water bottles, door mats, hose pipe and tyres to name a few. I kept quiet about it because it was so weird but once I opened up about it I found other people had had the same thing, one of them my own mother.

Incidentally, I was only borderline anaemic, the doctor said it was up to me if I wanted to take iron tablets, I took them and the cravings disappeared.

ChocOrange05 Tue 12-Aug-08 14:38:55

you guys are wierd wink but I suppose soap / rubber / sponge etc is lower in calories than all the chocolate I've been consuming!! grin

sandy4 Tue 12-Aug-08 14:45:29

it was chalk for me & i gave into it. crunched my way through a box. lovely.

suiledonn Tue 12-Aug-08 14:49:32

I fell in love with the flip flops I bought for my hospital bag last time. I used to sneak down to the bedroom to have a sniff. Yum!

ChocOrange05 Tue 12-Aug-08 17:17:06

Mmmmm flip flops - I imagine they are the easiest footwear to munch on too, just the right consistency and thin enough to fit in the mouth. Still I might rule them out if they've been worn.

Alternatively I do prefer chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now