Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone get easily annoyed with partners whilst pregnant?

(9 Posts)
hayleybop Sat 09-Aug-08 20:21:13

I know this may sound stupid I get wound up by my partner whilst being pregnant. Does anyone else? I think I am 28 weeks pregnant I have DD who is 16 months old and currently hasn't slept through for about two weeks now due to her MMR Jabs and 3 huge back teeth coming through...Is it because I am so tired and fed up with this English weather. Is it lots of recentment building up as it's me who has to get up in the night? Is it hormones....I proberly have answered my own question as it will be a combination of all of these plus our house is upside down with a new extention being built on. Just really fed up and all I want is a big hug but my partner has got fed up with me complaining about my bad back and has left the building.
Sorry to have a moan....please anyone down in the dumps and wants a moan send me a message and maybe we can moan together and put the world to right.

constancereader Sat 09-Aug-08 20:37:51

I think I am suffering from pre-natal aggression. I am constantly irritated by my dh and he is a harmless enough soul.

LadyOfWaffle Sat 09-Aug-08 20:42:24

Cor, this time I have been awful. Really awful. Last time I was fine, under normal circumstances I never get riled, never get PMT but this time... I have slammed doors about 3 times, shouted at my mum (first time in 22 years!) (but she was winding me up...), sulked, cried, got eggy at DH, been snappy - I even threw a top that was hanging up on the floor! blush I did have a moment of rationalism (is that a word?) before I did it as I looked for something non damaging to throw on the floor [wally]. oooh, I hope it goes when baby is born. It must be because I can't just sleep when I am tired etc., with DS I have to keep going and going... No wonder DH wants to do as much overtime as he can! grinblush

hiccymapops Sat 09-Aug-08 20:43:36

You're not on your own. I'm 23 weeks pregnant, and have a little boy that's just turned 2, and my hubby is driving me nuts! I know i'm overly emotional and we've got tons going on at the moment (including extensive house renovations too) but Mark seems to forget i'm pregnant sometimes, and i think i may have to kill him grin

Feel free to moan all you like grin

PotPourri Sat 09-Aug-08 20:47:14

Oh yes. It was like PMT for 9 and a half months with me. But let's face it, hey just don't get it. I remember DH had a hangover one of my pregnancies and was compalining about how bad he felt. I screamed in his face thathow would he like to feel like that 24/7 for 15 weeks (had morning sickness at hte time). I think I did get muy point through that time.

TBH I flitted between agressive pregnant lady and dreamy pregnant lady, sometimes changed in an instant too...

But hey, your makinga flippin baby, you're allowed to!

hayleybop Sat 09-Aug-08 20:51:24

Yes, they do forget your pregnant, it's like hello look at my belly...Feel like I could murder my partner today. I hate him completely.
Glad that I am not the only one. I just want to cry but think hey this is just your hormones dont work yourself up.
It's hard being a women. Men dont know they were born.

KristinaM Sat 09-Aug-08 20:52:07

i thought everyone did. when else do you get to be a moaning faced witch and blame it on your hormones? wink

ImnotOK Sat 09-Aug-08 20:56:44

I was a cow last time I was PG ,I once threw some babyclothes down the stairs and told him that he could deal with the baby because once it arrived I was off.blush

Disclainer----it was very hot and I was tired and I love my dd and dp dearly wink

hayleybop Sat 09-Aug-08 21:02:37

Yeah I've slammed doors today, been stuck inside with the rain pelting down outside and DD1 who has been super clingy, cant go to the toilet without her crying at me....He has just been on the phone all day organising a sea kayaking trip tomorrow. looks like I'm going to have DD1 all day...hmmm it's the weekend time out time for mums. Should I put a hole in his kayak?grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now