Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Uhhhh.... you know that thing babies do, where they kick you, but downwards and it feels like they are kicking your bladder and lady bits from the inside...

(21 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 08-Aug-08 22:07:44

my little horror darling does it ALL the time!

I remember my sons doing it but alot further on, shes only 20 weeks and i hate it.

It makes me feel sick!

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 08-Aug-08 22:09:25

It's soo uncomfortable isn't it! I can remember when DS used to do it (thankfully not often) and I had to waddle as fast as I could to go for a wee!! Am ttc no 2 atm and a bit hmm as if am successful, have moved offices and the corridor to the loo is loooooonnnng....I bet I'll disgrace myself....

bogie Fri 08-Aug-08 22:09:34

My ds didn't do this too much but this time its a girl and she does it loads!!

mylovelymonster Fri 08-Aug-08 22:10:21

Perhaps a portent of darling little horror child to come. Will perhaps be world-famous Irish dancer grin

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 08-Aug-08 22:11:01

I sit here going 'ooooh stop it, stoooop' arching my back...and DH looks at me like this hmm

Then Im really tense for the next 5 minutes waiting for it to happen again!

mylovelymonster Fri 08-Aug-08 22:13:08

stand on your head and LO might flip over grin

sorry, not being very helpful, am I.......

HeadFairy Fri 08-Aug-08 22:13:31

DS used to do it to me, felt like having a smear from the inside shock! He loved kicking my bits so much he ended up a footling breech and being born by cs. Actually after the battering he'd given my cervix it was the least he could do

tedmundo Fri 08-Aug-08 22:16:55

My 30 weeker is kicking me in the bladder as I type this. WHEN oh WHEN is s/he going to turn round?? I have worn a groove in the carpet between bed and toilet for all those night time pees.

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 08-Aug-08 22:17:18

DC2tobe just did it right now as I was reading round post - spooky.

Hate it, feels like it's tickling my cervix from the inside. 20 weeks too and feeling so much movement already. Feck 'flutters', this one is also a candidate for Riverdance grin

laura325630 Fri 08-Aug-08 22:44:36

My dd did this loads but stopped at around 32 weeks as she moved to head down. I rememeber hating it as it felt so weird!

LeonieD Sat 09-Aug-08 09:28:12

Message withdrawn

DisenchantedPlusBump Sat 09-Aug-08 10:50:14

This one must do somersaults as on minute she will be ding this then pushing upwards into my ribs,

Its really funny to imagine her in there floating around and hitting out!

naturalblonde Sat 09-Aug-08 20:24:37

Mine does that too disenchanted.

constancereader Sat 09-Aug-08 20:32:21

Mine is doing it too.
I really really hate it.

popsycal Sat 09-Aug-08 20:35:09

the knitting needke effect?????

annoying as hell

notcitrus Sun 10-Aug-08 20:27:16

God yes - last week I got seriously worried Squirmy was going to burst out somehow - it was like an earthquake! I got to the point of going "I don't care how much he screams or projectile poos/vomits once he's born - at least he can't KICK me any more!"

Luckily he went back to 'normal' after a few days, but I'm still gasping a few times a day after being jabbed.

Must run in MrNC's family - SIL1 called hers Thumpy McBloodAxe during her last three months...

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 10-Aug-08 20:29:44

Well, DS never did it at all, but am now 27 weeks with DD and she spend most of her time with her legs down kicking as if she is trying to get out. It's an horrible feeling, like my waters are about to go. Makes we worry about breech positioning and whatnot.

babylove123 Mon 11-Aug-08 15:28:55

Its awful isnt it! I always jolt forward when mine does it! She seems to stand upright (when we had scans she was in this position) and just literally bounces up and down on my bladder! Sometimes its like she kicks my pelvis too!

This afternoon i was at work and went "oooh" really loudly in the office....people turned round and i said "oh sorry, just got kicked and punched at the same time". Think the feet were up in the belly and the hands down in the pelvis. Its the first time i've felt it but i think she was grabbing me inside and flexing her fingers....it was like a ripple internally......strange!

DisenchantedPlusBump Tue 12-Aug-08 20:32:57

I had my scan today and she is head down really nestled into my cervix, so its her head and arms that are doing it, shes doing it now! <<Eek>>

UmSami Wed 13-Aug-08 01:25:19

LOL Bogie, same as you...DS was quite the gentleman and left mummys private bits alone...DD seems to just love my cervix, it's like she's trying to force her way out hmm

theressomethingaboutmarie Wed 13-Aug-08 13:05:24

I used to get this very strange feeling from DD. My analogy was that it was like someone was rooting around in a handbag for keys (me being the handbag!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now