Talk

Advanced search

Perennial Massage

(14 Posts)
RIBS Fri 08-Aug-08 14:14:19

Im 35 weeks tomorrow and I think im supposed to be doing this perennial massage thing, but not really sure how its supposed to be done. We had a go last night but after a couple of attempts by DP just ended up doing horizonal mambo!!grin Dont actually think that that'l help during labour!!!
Has anyone got any idea exactly what your supposed to do and does it really work??
Thanks

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RedHead81 Fri 08-Aug-08 14:18:43

here is how to do it - i never liked the look of it mind! i didn't do it and i didn't tear at all.

PhyllidaPoisson Fri 08-Aug-08 14:19:06

grin

PinkPussyCat Fri 08-Aug-08 14:19:29

grin
I thought 'Shouldn't this be in the gardening topic?'

Sorry Ribs no help to offer but you have cheered me up no end!

MadameCheese Fri 08-Aug-08 14:20:52

LOL! I couldn't do it myself as was the size of a whale

StealthPolarBear Fri 08-Aug-08 14:21:52

PMSL
Sorry
i tried it once or twice but never really got the hang of it/ Didn't tear

theyoungvisiter Fri 08-Aug-08 14:26:55

I'm sorry but I had to lol at perennial massage! I prefer to go for quarterly appointments myself grin

I did it - you don't need your DH to help, you can just do it yourself. Not sure if it helped in my case as I ended up with a ventouse delivery and a rather nice episiotomy, ouch.

Don't think I would bother this time round tbh, but that's as much becuase if I get 10 minutes off from chasing DS I tend to use it to lie down and have a cuppa, not rub my bottom!

theyoungvisiter Fri 08-Aug-08 14:28:05

mmj how long did it take you to find that and what on earth did you have to google?! grin

RIBS Fri 08-Aug-08 14:28:16

Hahahaha
I knew we werent doing it right, he should of taken gardening gloves off first!! blush
He's gonna have to have another go, im not sure we'l get much further than last night to be honest. Its worth a go. Thanks.

RIBS Fri 08-Aug-08 14:28:19

Hahahaha
I knew we werent doing it right, he should of taken gardening gloves off first!! blush
He's gonna have to have another go, im not sure we'l get much further than last night to be honest. Its worth a go. Thanks.

ChocOrange05 Fri 08-Aug-08 14:38:56

Thanks for a good chuckle on a Friday afternoon RIBS! grin

Incidentally also planning on doing this but not looking forward to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now