Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Erm......anyone know exactly what "pre-labour" is and what it feels like?......

(7 Posts)
becaroo Fri 08-Aug-08 13:57:20

....because I feel a bit strange.

I am 34 weeks pregnant with my second child -its been a tough pregnancy, unlike my first -lots of little issues.

(At my last ante-natal appointment they discovered I had too much fluid -polyhydramnios).

Then last week I was admitted overnight with suspected pre-term labour - it wasn't, thank god!

However, since then I have been getting REALLY strong BH which can be very regular and uncomfortable. For the last couple of days I have been getting period like cramps really low down and in my lower back and feel "pressure" in my back passage (sorry, TMI!smile)

Didn't have this with ds and am SO uncomfortable all the time - not sleeping much and cant really eat much either. Bending over is acutally painful and moving around is getting more so too.

Am I just being a wimp? (dont think I am am -didnt realise I was in labour with ds til I was 6cms!) Or could it be this "Pre-labour" thing? Surely if I didnt have it first time I wouldnt have it with a second baby?

hmm

claribelle Sat 09-Aug-08 05:10:13

prelabour for me was the evening before the day i gave birth - it was like period pains coming all the time - not too strong - i drifted in and out of sleep all night with them. then went into labour about midday.
don't know if that's any help?

madmouse Sat 09-Aug-08 17:59:14

on and off mild contractions that stop with no warning or overnight or after abath.

feeling restless, and as if period is coming on.

that was it for me.

LadyOfWaffle Sat 09-Aug-08 18:05:05

Have been like this a few weeks now (am 40 +1 now ) - just feel all restless/nesty/super tired/sore/pressure ... all the signs but nothing really is happeneing. Had nothing like this at all with DS.

SixSpotBurnet Sat 09-Aug-08 18:05:26

I found myself doing unusual (for me!) amounts of cleaning!

becaroo Sat 09-Aug-08 21:17:18

Madmouse, thats like me....hmm

Sixspotburnet..I actually cleaned out the medicine cupboard yesterday! hmm

Ladyofwaffle...poor you, hope something happens for you soon....

I just assumed labour would be like last time, but NOTHING in this pregnancy is like last time, so I guess labour wont be either!

Thanks for your posts x

WorzselMummage Sat 09-Aug-08 21:58:08

I went in to labour with my daughter at 32 weeks and i know the exact moment it happened. I was sat eating tea the evening before and it was like a switch flipped.. no pain, no contractions nothing i just felt ODD, one minute fine the next distinctly weird.

I eventually started having contractions 24 hours later and was 5 cm dilated before the pain went past dull period acheyness so my weirdness must have been my body doing something

strange eh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now