Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling sorry for myself - really need to get myself sorted out.

(10 Posts)
ajm200 Fri 08-Aug-08 11:34:21

My baby is due in 10 weeks time. The pregnancy has been fine but my general health has been poor for the last month or so, not getting much sleep or keeping much food down. I feel really rough at the moment.

Feeling very sorry for myself, haven't got dressed in 3 days, not done much round the house. Have a toddler who has been very good but is slowly going stir crazy. I really need a kick up the a**e to get up, dressed and out of the house for my son's sake if nothing else.

I'm also spending too much time on MN as a distraction.. despite the fact that I can't seem to type, compose a sentence, spell or use punctuation at the mo.

Get me out of here!!!!

PhyllidaPoisson Fri 08-Aug-08 11:39:23

Forget the housework.
Go for a short walk with DS - is there a park nearby? Even 20 minutes in the fresh air will make you both feel better.
Is there a friend/relative that could have your little one for an hour or two, so you can have a rest?
If not, put on a DVD, and snuggle up with DS, so at least you're resting.
Be kind to yourself. smile

dinkystinky Fri 08-Aug-08 11:41:24

OK AJM200 - get some family or friends round to deal with toddler (take him to park and run off that excess energy) while you take yourself off to be pampered - how about nice new haircut, manicure or for something really special a pregnancy massage or even just a pregnancy yoga class? It will probably energise you and make you feel abit more human, which will help you get out of your rut. Its normal to feel what you're feeling - but in 10 weeks time you'll have a baby around, so make sure you try to get some you time before then.

ajm200 Fri 08-Aug-08 11:54:13

Thanks for the advice. I have no family nearby and my friends all have their hands full with older children home from school.

I'll see if hubby will take him off my hands for a few hours tomorrow.

ajm200 Fri 08-Aug-08 15:56:27

My friend has just popped in to pick up some eggs and has taken my son out for an hour. I'm going to have a long soak in the bath and relax

I knew having pet chickens would be a good idea.

aurorec Fri 08-Aug-08 16:03:07

LOL- I recommend a good pedicure if you can get hubby to look after your son.

Or go to the movies- that's what I do. I leave hubby and DD, go to the cinema alone, buy myself a huge bucket of popcorn, and I get to eat the whole thing without sharing! It's lovely... wink

ajm200 Fri 08-Aug-08 16:07:47

I was hoping for a reflexology session as it might help clear up some of the stuff that's making me feel so bad. If it doesn't work, at least I'll have had a nice foot massage.

Just need to persuade DH to walk so that I have the car. Lets hope for good weather!

ajm200 Fri 08-Aug-08 16:07:49

I was hoping for a reflexology session as it might help clear up some of the stuff that's making me feel so bad. If it doesn't work, at least I'll have had a nice foot massage.

Just need to persuade DH to walk so that I have the car. Lets hope for good weather!

elkiedee Fri 08-Aug-08 16:09:20

That's good ajm, perhaps another time that friend might drag you out of the house too. Even if it's just to go and sit in the park. I felt very like you do at 30 weeks, and no doubt I will again this time round - I'm pretty tired at 15+4 but I have to go out to work.

starsong32 Fri 08-Aug-08 21:05:55

hi my 3rd baby was due last week! I have a 2 yr old who will not sit still and a 7 yr old who thinks she is 17! I feel exactly the same way as you, it is such a struggle to get either of them or hubby to understand...really fed up and hate asking for help. I feel that I should put up with the stress and not ask for help as it is my/our choice to have 3rd (unplanned) baby! The only thing that helps is to get out of the house (not easy without a driving license!) My eldest will only play with little one for so long without winding her up and I find that a walk/waddle up the shop tends to break up the day. All I really want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep! Sounds awful but I am sticking to the mantra that they grow up and one day am going to miss them needing me so much. Really good to know that other mums find things tough too x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now