Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help!? (small amount of) Blood in morning sickness vomit...

(9 Posts)
laweaselmys Fri 08-Aug-08 09:01:29

Is that okay? Should I not worry? I'm panicking now, and supposed to be leaving for an interview in a few minutes.

morningpaper Fri 08-Aug-08 09:02:36

yuck bad luck

Do you have a sore throat?

Did you eat anything red yesterday or last night?

PetitFilou1 Fri 08-Aug-08 09:03:37

Probably the force of the vomiting - but ring your GP if it happens again - you poor thing!

laweaselmys Fri 08-Aug-08 09:04:07

Not really, and no. It was definately blood, have done it before when had a really persistant cough (ie for months and months) but haven't been all that sick with MS so throat not sore really...

morningpaper Fri 08-Aug-08 09:04:54

yes poor you

I would ring your GP and discuss it with them

Can you delay your interview? Explain you are unwell?

waitingtobloom Fri 08-Aug-08 09:19:01

I would always say discuss with doctor or midwife - although Im a hypocrite and didnt.

I had this on and off when I was really bad with hyperemesis. I decided it was either my throat bleeding from the force (was always really sore from it) or was due to the force of the vomitting causing my nose to bleed and i must have swallowed the blood.

Cant have been anything more serious as Im still here lol - but I would always say get checked out

xxx

laweaselmys Fri 08-Aug-08 09:22:17

Have managed to delay interview and will try and get hold of GP. Thanks very much! Feel a bit calmer now...

bikerunski Fri 08-Aug-08 13:38:17

I had this and NHS Direct sent me to A&E. I'd torn my throat from the force of throwing up. It healer itself in a few days. Red and fresh blood is OK and probably nothing to worry about (although I'd get checked out). If brown like coffee grounds, then it is old and proabably a sign of internal bleeding and needs chjecking out.

DefNotYummyMummy Fri 08-Aug-08 13:45:32

I had morning sickness quite bad up to 20 weeks. Blood quite normal after puking up multiple times. I got used to it. Not a pretty site though. My teeth are in a dreadful state now as threw up whenever I brushed my teeth. I couldn't take any vitamins (still can't at 33 weeks when nausea has returned - no puking though !). Bloody awful time.

Good Luck in your interview and hang in there - morning sickness is such a misery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now