Talk

Advanced search

Aaaaarrgghhh what next? Metal dust in tupper drawer! Effects on baby?

(2 Posts)
berolina Sat 12-Feb-05 13:55:24

I'm 24 weeks and was just having some yummy cheddar when I noticed that there was a funny greyish stuff on some of it. Further investigations revealed it came from the tupper container we're keeping the cheese in. Looking in our tupperware drawer I found that the metal runner things on which the drawer opens and closes (what are they called?) are getting worn down and shedding this dust! I don't think I actually ate any cheese on which the stuff was visible, but even so, the thought of it makes me rather worried. I don't know what the runner things are made of - it's a rented flat - the kitchen is not that old but not that new either. I'm pretty worried now as to how much of the stuff I've ingested and whether it can or has hurt my baby! (From scans he seems to be developing fine and his body parts all look normal, but still worried of course!) Anyone got any advice for me?

SenoraPostrophe Sat 12-Feb-05 14:10:40

well the metal is highly likely to be steel, in which case it won't harm you at all (you need iron, remember).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now