Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7wks pregnant and I feel so sick

(12 Posts)
Madigan Thu 07-Aug-08 15:44:30

I am 7wks pregnant, with my second baby, and just feel absolutely awful. Nauseous all the time, literally. All I feel like doing is lying in bed and sleeping ... but I have an 11 mo to look after! I cannot face anything to eat except cereal and yoghurt. I cannot concentrate on my work (I work from home). I have no energy whatsoever ....
I had none of this last time - I felt absolutely fine throughout my pregnancy.....
Did anyone else feel like this? When will it pass? Any tips on how to handle it?

bogie Thu 07-Aug-08 15:47:51

I had it really bad with my 1st and not as bad this time round sorry you feel like crap hope it gets better soon.
I had some really good anti sickness folic acid tablets I think they were from boots and they always helped for a few hours at least

Nbg Thu 07-Aug-08 15:50:13

Its horrid isnt it.
I've had it with 2 of my 3 pregnancies so you have my sympathy.

The only way I managed with it was to make sure I ate.
Not easy I know but it does help.
I think the first few weeks of pregnancy I survived on rich tea biscuits, tangerines, crisps and lots and lots of water.

When you wake up, try and eat something small like a biscuit, before you get up and just snack on little bits.

MS usually passes anytime from 12/14 weeks.

ajm200 Thu 07-Aug-08 15:53:14

Poor you. I remember how horrible morning sickness can be. I had bad morning sickness with my first pregnancy but am fine this time round.

Although eating is the last thing you feel like, it can help. Eat a few dry crackers or a ginger biscuit in bed before getting up in the mornings, then wait for 10 mins or so before getting up.

Eat 5 or 6 small bland meals during the day or snack all day long to keep your blood sugar up. Going without food can actually make it much worse.

Drink lots of water too as I found it was always worse if I got dehydrated.

Pay attention to what you do eat, you'll soon find a list of trigger foods/smells to avoid.

Preggie pops, sour lolly pops can help as can seabands available from boots. For most people it stops somewhere around week 12-14, week 20ish for others.

Neeerly3 Thu 07-Aug-08 15:53:34

eat little and often, I am 11+4 now and just over my sickness, i survived on sparkling mineral water, ginger snaps and toast. My DH (god bless him) cooked up a storm each night so i got my 5 a day, and i just couldn't face it. I am now eating 'for two' to make up for it!

Madigan Thu 07-Aug-08 18:41:13

Thank you ladies. At least I do not feel alone ... I have had to give up and cancel doing my work for a few weeks, as there is just no way I can keep going. I just feel wretchec ..... cannot wait for this part to be over. Worried that baby cannot be getting enough vitamins, because I cannot stomach vegetables at the moment. I can just about tolerate some fruit. But am taking a good supplement, so hopefully that will see us through....
Just cannot understand why I did not get this last time - not at all!

2cats2many Thu 07-Aug-08 18:45:02

I found these really helped me in the early days.

ajm200 Thu 07-Aug-08 18:51:47

Poor you... It is horrible, I hope it passes soon.

I get morning sickness with boys not girls.. so does my friend and she's had 6 LOs

dinny Thu 07-Aug-08 18:58:20

Madigan, am same - 9 weeks pg and so sick

have you tried seabands? I have them on contstantly, even at night

also, fruit ice lollies help a bit...

I have had ms with dd and ds, and again third time

ten10 Thu 07-Aug-08 19:11:43

in the first 12(ish) weeeks I felt sick all day, didn't want to eat anything and was was physically sick twice some times three times a day every day, I lost over a stone in weight,

i was so tired particularly during the afternoon that i fell asleep at my desk a couple of times and didn't trust myself driving incase i fell asleep at the wheel,

and i managed to put my back out (mainly due to stress) and was flat on my back for nearly three weeks - which is bad when you are throwing up twice a day

but kept being told that being really bad in the first few months is actually a good sign of a strong healthy baby, don't know if this is true but it made me feel a bit better about it.

it felt like the first 12 weeks lasted forever but it did go and then the next 6 months were a pleasure, I then had a really lovely pregnancy.

So hopefully it will pass soon. Good luck

rrrayray Thu 07-Aug-08 21:40:44

Can totally sympathise with you, i had it BAD from 6 weeks until about 13 weeks, So bad that my Doctor threatened to hospitialise me as i couldnt even keep Food down. There are a few things that SIGHTLY worked/eased it for me, but i have to say i think every pregnancy is different and it will just ease when your body is ready.

1. As much as you DONT feel like getting out of bed, let alone going for a walk. A snail pace walk in the fresh air will lift you/your mood.

2.Dont try and drink any fluids on an empty tummy, esp water, recipe for disaster.

3.rice cakes, You can get flavoured ones, Snack a Jacks and Marmite stuff..... not Amazing tasting, but seem to stay down.

Good luck, hope it passes soon!!!! xxx

rrrayray Thu 07-Aug-08 21:40:47

Can totally sympathise with you, i had it BAD from 6 weeks until about 13 weeks, So bad that my Doctor threatened to hospitialise me as i couldnt even keep Food down. There are a few things that SIGHTLY worked/eased it for me, but i have to say i think every pregnancy is different and it will just ease when your body is ready.

1. As much as you DONT feel like getting out of bed, let alone going for a walk. A snail pace walk in the fresh air will lift you/your mood.

2.Dont try and drink any fluids on an empty tummy, esp water, recipe for disaster.

3.rice cakes, You can get flavoured ones, Snack a Jacks and Marmite stuff..... not Amazing tasting, but seem to stay down.

Good luck, hope it passes soon!!!! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now