Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I hate this so much. Slight Bleed at 7wks & worried

(7 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Thu 07-Aug-08 15:13:50

Message withdrawn

Mercy Thu 07-Aug-08 15:19:00

I was actually more worried 2nd time around tbh (or probably just more aware really)

I know it's almost impossible but try not to worry too much.

WigglyBumsMum Thu 07-Aug-08 16:08:13

No point worrying. Probably nothing. Loads of people bleed and still have healthy babes. In any case, there's absolutely nothing you can do either way, so you might just as well try to stay positive!

Good luck for scan.

Seeline Thu 07-Aug-08 16:10:40

I had a bleed like that with my second and spent New Years Eve sitting in the antinatal clinic waiting for my scan. All was fine - she's now 4! try to rest and try not to panic. good luck

LynetteScavo Thu 07-Aug-08 16:12:21

Blood in pregnancy always = panic.

Try not to, I had lots of bleeding in 2 pg,a dn everything turned out fine. smile

ajm200 Thu 07-Aug-08 16:18:47

Try not to worry too much, bleeding in early pregnancy is fairly common, just not talked about.

I had several heavy bleeds when I was expecting my son. He as fine and is a healthy 20 month old who is currently raiding the fruit bowl (back in a sec.... )

With this one, I had spotting every day at the start and regular periods for the first 5 months... the scans show she's fine.

Thinking of you

funnypeculiar Thu 07-Aug-08 16:19:23

Bleeding in pg is very very scary (serial bleeder here)
BUT it's incredibly common (something like 1 in 4 women according to my mw) - esp in early pg. Huge increase in blood to the cervix in pg makes bleeding much more likely.
Small amounts of light bleeding (esp if not bright red)= best possible way to bleed smile

Fwiw, with ds I bled throughout my pg - usually 2/3 times a week. All shades of blood, and some little clots (sorry if tmi) He is now 4.5 - came 4 weeks early but otherwise as normal as any other 4.5 yo boy.....
I also bled with dd, but less.

Obviously, mc is more common than most of us would like to think, but unexplained pg bleeding is too.

Suspect you'll have a transvaginal scan. Like a huge dildo ... but at least you don't have to have a full bladder...

Try & relax - nothing you can do other than take it easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now