Talk

Advanced search

Body says I'm pregnant, Science says no you're not.....

(6 Posts)
farenth Thu 07-Aug-08 14:53:28

Aaagh. If there were no tests in the world, I would definitely say I am pregnant. However, both home tests and drs (urine) say I am not. Now the doctor is sending me for blood tests to check again and check out my thyroid, etc. This will take another week to come through. I'm also due my next af in two weeks. The waiting is stressing me out more than being pregnant! I already have one son and although we will be happy to have another, we are not desperately trying. Still I'm starting to think all the symptoms are in my mind...

Sorry. Thanks for reading, I just needed to let off some steam. Farenth

HairyToe Thu 07-Aug-08 15:38:53

Have you missed your last period then?

wannaBe Thu 07-Aug-08 15:42:51

there are lots of things that can cause pregnancy type simptoms.

nausia is a common simptom of hyperthyroidism as is missing a period. And the missing periods causes bloating which can also be a sign of pregnancy.

How are you otherwise? any weight loss? feeling hot? increased or reduced appetite?

I had an overactive thyroid about 14 years ago and I didn't have a period for 9 months.

farenth Thu 07-Aug-08 16:56:09

My last full period was on 21 June. Last month I was late starting and had nausea, full breasts, clear discharge, period pains and stretchy feelings. All two days before I started a short 5 day period where it was pink and spotty (tmi) Since then I've had increased appetite as I feel increasing sick unless I eat, so I've been snacking more.

No weight loss or gain, but I have been bloated. My jelly belly is now no longer wobbly. I've also been leaking from my nipples for the first time since giving up breastfeeding. It's got to the stage where I don't know what's going on.

MiniMarmite Thu 07-Aug-08 17:32:46

So you would be about 7 weeks now? Have you requested a scan?

farenth Thu 07-Aug-08 18:55:44

No not yet. Trouble is with DS1 I had what I thought was implan. bleeding and it turned out to be a period so my dates were all out. If that's the case now then I may only be two weeks and recovering from a tummy bug. So I don't want to do a scan too early. Grr, may have to grin and bear it and wait for the blood results and my next period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now