Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal....

(8 Posts)
ButIForgetMyself Thu 07-Aug-08 14:36:50

.... at 19+2 to still have days where I am SO tired I just cannot even leave the house? As a general rule I'm feeling better than I did in the first trimester but still have really knackered days and still feel sick rather often?

I was expecting a true honeymoon period, instead I'm sitting here struggling to keep my eyes open despite really good sleep last night.

Anyone else get this?

lazaroulovespastries Thu 07-Aug-08 14:38:27

How are your iron levels?

bikerunski Thu 07-Aug-08 14:38:50

I was more tired at 20 weeks than I am now at 34.

ButIForgetMyself Thu 07-Aug-08 14:46:35

Not sure how my iron levels are, haven't had them checked since way back, my first midwife appointment at 8 weeks. Never had any problems with anaemia though.

I literally am struggling to muster up the energy to walk from one room to another.

And my shoulders ache constantly - is this from the extra boobage which has appeared?

SydneyB Thu 07-Aug-08 14:49:03

Are you drinking enough water? Makes a massive difference to bp apparently. But also I just have days like this and figure its part of the pregnancy thing. Am now 32 weeks and iron levels and everything normal - it just takes it out of you. Get yourself checked out if you're worried though.

lazaroulovespastries Thu 07-Aug-08 15:02:15

I would ask them to check your iron levels, being so tired you can't leave the house sounds like it may need checking. I was anaemic when I was pregnant and I felt like that until they put me on iron tablets.

PinkPussyCat Thu 07-Aug-08 15:09:43

Yes I would agree - def ask for a haemoglobin check. Dizziness and breathlessness are also symptoms, but you don't necessarily have to have all these to be anaemic. Hope things improve soonsmile

Squarebear1973 Wed 13-Aug-08 14:26:52

I'm 18+3 and exhausted! You've made me feel better, if nothing else! I thought I was being a wimp blush
I agree with others to get iron checked. Mine were last checked 4 weeks ago & fine, so I think just tired.
Daft as it sounds, I find days that I get more fresh air, even if just sitting in garden, I don't feel as tired hmm
Wouldn't want iron tablets as bunged up enough as it is, despite dried figs, apricots & dates!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now