Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone had nose problems in pregnancy?

(10 Posts)
Jane7 Thu 07-Aug-08 11:35:20

I'm getting nose bleeds, which I've heard is quite normal, but worse than that I've become really prone to allergies. Even the tiniest amount of dust sets me off and my nose is constantly either itching or streaming. Not sure if this is even related to pregnancy, but just thought I'd ask if anyone else has suffered nasal distress smile

Jane7 Thu 07-Aug-08 11:53:13

bump

WelliesAndPyjamas Thu 07-Aug-08 11:56:22

I'd forgotten about it until I saw your thread but yes, I'm sure I had quite a lot of nose bleeds when pregnant with DS five years ago. Not heavy nosebleeds but frequent all the same. Don't remember any itching etc though. I'm 10 weeks now with DC2 and so far no nosebleeds. Have you talked with your midwife about it?

iamamummy Thu 07-Aug-08 11:59:34

hi jane7 - i sympathise with you!
i had a permanent cold - so i thought but after numerous trips to the doctors he told me its just an allergy some women develop whilst pregnant so i put up with it for 7 looonnngggg months but it did clear up by the time i was 7.5 months pregnant.
also nosebleeds - i had them on/off for a month which started when i flew to spain i had a major one on the way home which lasted 24 hours shock and just a couple of tiny ones in the couple of weeks to follow but they soon went.
hope that helps!

hannah001 Thu 07-Aug-08 12:12:47

rhinitis is common in preganancy too - I had all sorts of wierd problems with my nose in the first trimester - mostly swollen up and painful and bleeding.

ViolentFemme Thu 07-Aug-08 12:16:01

God yeah I had LOADS of nose bleeds when pregnant. And bleeding gums.

It goes away once baby's born.

ViolentFemme Thu 07-Aug-08 12:17:44

I was told it was simply becuase you carry a lot more blood in your body when pregnant ???

Jane7 Thu 07-Aug-08 12:22:25

thank you everyone - hopefully this will go away when baby comes. only 8 weeks to go!

ViolentFemme Fri 08-Aug-08 12:31:52

Best of luck Jane7!

bikerunski Fri 08-Aug-08 13:32:44

I had lots of nosebleeds at 10-15 weeks, then a really stuffy nose to about 20 weeks, but mw told me that this is normal. Bleeding gums too around 15 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now