Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does this sound like a show? If so, what does it mean in terms of labour etc?

(11 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Wed 06-Aug-08 19:50:53

Last time I didn't have a show until I was in labour for hours, and it was 100% a show - a big blood streaked blob of jelly. Just been to the loo (well, 1/2 hour ago) and had a big smear of mucus, slightly yellowy like a BIG clean bogey, but I have just been doing some more physical housework so don't know if that causes just general mucus? Or would dislodge the plug and it doesn't really mean anything in terms of labour...

madmouse Wed 06-Aug-08 19:55:05

It could well be a show and that would mean that you are going to go into labur in the next few....weeks...or days....probably not hours.

You may get more show, and indeed blood streaked show once in advanced labour.

Hope it is soon (assuming that you are ready grin)

LadyOfWaffle Wed 06-Aug-08 19:56:51

<<sigh>> I am 39 + 5, 'twas getting abit excited then.

oopsacoconut Wed 06-Aug-08 20:09:36

LOW it sounds just like what I had - 3 weeks ago at 35 weeks. Still not a lot going on every now and they she treatens exit but alas not yet! Hope it is a sign of impending labour for you.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Wed 06-Aug-08 20:56:20

I've been getting the odd blob of clean greenish mucous for ages. I don't think it's a show - but even if it was, it doesn't mean anything will happen right away!

LadyOfWaffle Wed 06-Aug-08 22:27:16

Well, nothing's happened yet. I wasn't impatient with DS but am starting to get abit now!

AbstractMouse Wed 06-Aug-08 23:01:21

I had lots of bits of show with my second (only got a show once I was in labour with 1st). Ranged from clearish snotty mucous (nice) to big blob of orangey jelly type stuff (even nicer) didn't indicate labour I'm afraid.

geno Wed 06-Aug-08 23:11:49

My due date is tomorrow (or 1 hour away!) I haven't had a show but can't go to bed cos my back is aching badly. Just drinking a cup of Raspberry Leaf Tea and hoping this is the start of labour! Any thoughts?

mummy2t Wed 06-Aug-08 23:26:00

Mmmmm Back ache!!! think bubba could be on his/hers way!!
has a show with my first but nothing with my second, good luck xxx

geno Thu 07-Aug-08 17:46:16

Thanks!
Nothing as of yet! Spicy Indian for dinner so fingers crossed!

ajm200 Thu 07-Aug-08 17:54:54

Back ache that comes and goes might be a sign that things are progressing but back labour isn't ideal. constant backache is probably just pregnancy aches and pains.

A massage with clary sage oil might get things going. Lavender is supposed to help too but to a lesser extent.

Lots of pineapple, raspberry leaf tea and a long walk worked for me last time but labour died out after several hours.

I hope things are starting for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now