Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness question

(8 Posts)
Cosmogirl Wed 06-Aug-08 17:56:36

Hi ladies,

Wondered if anyone could share their experiences. I got my BFP a couple of weeks ago and was feeling fine. At 6 weeks [which was Tuesday] my sense of smell went through the roof, and yesterday evening and today I have felt nauseated all the time. I don't feel like I will throw up but just feel queasy. Seem to be hungry a lot and eating makes me feel a bit better for a while.

Just wondered if anyone had nausea but was able to control it and not let it become vomiting? I have a bit of a phobia of sick and although feeling nauseous is horrible, I would prefer this to actual vomiting. Bit long-winded, but did anyone else manage not to be sick - or is this something that you just can't control?

TIA for any advice/stories.

DontNeedAnything Wed 06-Aug-08 18:00:19

You have idetified the solution...eating.

BUT you need to make sure you eat lots of small meals. I grazed between meals and had full meals on top...so put on quite abit of weight.

If I could go back in time I would stop eating "proper" meals and more smaller snacks

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 06-Aug-08 18:04:37

I found that nothing would stop me throwing up, but I have bad MS. Am still being sick now at 20 weeks

WelliesAndPyjamas Wed 06-Aug-08 18:04:38

You are experiencing exactly what I am going through, cosmogirl. The morning sickness feeling without the actual throwing up. So far I have come close a few times but have never vomited. I'm now 10 weeks. As DNA says, eating really helps.

mankymummy Wed 06-Aug-08 18:05:10

flat coke i hear can help also.

ajm200 Wed 06-Aug-08 18:05:47

I had full blown morning sickness thoughout my 1st pregnancy, right up to L&D so I can symapthise. I honestly believe it was caused by my bad diet, I gave into craving for icecream, milkshake and junk food. This pregnancy I'm eating healthly and had no problems at all in the 1st 6 months.

Eat 5 or 6 small meals as day so that you don't let your blood sugar drop too low. Morning sickness can be a sign of hunger.. Avoid smells and foods that make it worse and try to eat some dry crackers or a ginger biscuit in bed about 10 mins before you get up. The crumbs make sleep a nightmare but can prevent morning vomiting.

Check out preggie pops, sour lollies that help with the symptoms, seabands (available from Boots) that are for sea sickness but help with morning sickness

Good luck

eejaykay Wed 06-Aug-08 18:08:15

Hi Cosmogirl

Dunno whether it is normal or not but that's my experience - constant queasiness (and the very occasional retch) but no actual sickness.

I agree constant grazing really helps, as does sipping water. Mints seem to help too. But really, it's just a question of living with it hmm

Cosmogirl Wed 06-Aug-08 18:48:26

Thanks for the stories and advice - that really does help.
Disenchanted - sorry that you are still feeling sick at 20 weeks - that must be awful. I am just clinging on to the thought that at 12 weeks when the baby is 'made' I might start to feel like me again...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now