Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone got the miscarriage statistics after seeing Hb on scan ?

(6 Posts)
WorzselMummage Wed 06-Aug-08 14:11:09

do you know what i mean the ones that say something liek your risk of miscarriage drops to 10 % if you see a HB at 8 weeks ?

I know they are on here somewhere but cant find them.

Having a battle with DH about private scans...

greenlawn Wed 06-Aug-08 14:20:57

I was told by a consultant the risk drops to 3% - that was some years ago and I've no idea where they got the figure from!

WorzselMummage Wed 06-Aug-08 14:23:57

Thanks

I now there is a statistics list floating around but as usual when i need it i cant find it ! angry

Ewe Wed 06-Aug-08 14:24:08

IIRC the chance of a preg continuing is 97-98% if you see a HB at 7weeks.

Ewe Wed 06-Aug-08 14:28:43

Dr. Ashley Roman: Unfortunately, there really is no way to prevent a first trimester miscarriage, and it is the most frustrating thing about obstetrics. But, after ultrasound confirms your baby’s heartbeat at eight weeks, the risk of miscarriage is only about 3%. The risk falls even lower (1%) after a normal ultrasound at 16 weeks. (Overall, from conception, about 10 to 15% of pregnancies end in miscarriage.) Most pregnancy losses are diagnosed in the first trimester when a patient experiences bleeding or cramping. Many women may have no symptoms that the pregnancy has stopped progressing until a routine ultrasound examination indicates no heartbeat.

Here is a link community.thenestbaby.com/cs/ks/blogs/1sttrimester/archive/2007/04/10/q-risk-of-miscarriage-expert.a spx

WorzselMummage Wed 06-Aug-08 14:30:04

Thanks Ewe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now