Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When to start looking for a childminder

(6 Posts)
CharBell Fri 11-Feb-05 18:53:14

I am such a worrier. I presume it varies from area to area but when do I need to start looking for a childminder? My boss said I should have done it already and I should find one close to work but I think I can leave it till it is born and find one close to home.

Kayleigh Fri 11-Feb-05 18:54:58

CharBell, still think you have plenty of time. When is baby due and how long are you expecting to have off for maternity leave ?

CharBell Fri 11-Feb-05 18:57:38

Feel silly telling you. Baby due in July. Having six months post-natal time off.

Think my boss is just a control freak.

HappyMumof2 Fri 11-Feb-05 18:58:22

Message withdrawn

beansprout Fri 11-Feb-05 19:03:17

I wasn't sure whether to find childcare close to work or to home. Near work seemed good in case "anything happened" but then again I would be commuting with ds (eek!). Also, someone suggested that if I have a day off and ds is still at nursery, if it is near work I still need to make the journey, or similar if I am off sick, so I have opted for near home. Phew!!

Good luck!

Yorkiegirl Fri 11-Feb-05 19:07:55

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now