Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

When to start looking for a childminder

(6 Posts)
CharBell Fri 11-Feb-05 18:53:14

I am such a worrier. I presume it varies from area to area but when do I need to start looking for a childminder? My boss said I should have done it already and I should find one close to work but I think I can leave it till it is born and find one close to home.

Kayleigh Fri 11-Feb-05 18:54:58

CharBell, still think you have plenty of time. When is baby due and how long are you expecting to have off for maternity leave ?

CharBell Fri 11-Feb-05 18:57:38

Feel silly telling you. Baby due in July. Having six months post-natal time off.

Think my boss is just a control freak.

HappyMumof2 Fri 11-Feb-05 18:58:22

Message withdrawn

beansprout Fri 11-Feb-05 19:03:17

I wasn't sure whether to find childcare close to work or to home. Near work seemed good in case "anything happened" but then again I would be commuting with ds (eek!). Also, someone suggested that if I have a day off and ds is still at nursery, if it is near work I still need to make the journey, or similar if I am off sick, so I have opted for near home. Phew!!

Good luck!

Yorkiegirl Fri 11-Feb-05 19:07:55

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: