Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

h0ow many bibs do i need?

(13 Posts)
misdee Tue 05-Aug-08 17:59:13

mind is blank.

i have 13.

is that enough?

Nbg Tue 05-Aug-08 18:01:32

Plenty.

Have you got muslin cloths?

misdee Tue 05-Aug-08 18:02:28

yeah loads of them,

just the bibs therw me. trying to find plain one was a nightmare.

star6 Tue 05-Aug-08 18:12:57

tesco, sainsbury, mothercare all have plain bibs. For some reason, dh was obsessed for about 2 weeks with buying bibs... that was several weeks ago, and I was thinking, 'what will we need bibs for? the baby isn't eating solid foods!'
How many muslin cloths do you think you need? I have a pack. They seem really rough in texture...don't they?? I was thinking the cloth nappies (the pre fold kind that look just like a cotton cloth towel) might be better on baby's skin? But everyone loves these muslin cloths... why is that? Not judging ... just zero experience!

tassisssss Tue 05-Aug-08 18:14:23

i don't use bibs until weaning

muslin cloths before that but only have a few of them. my 3 haven't really been sicky babies.

crokky Tue 05-Aug-08 18:16:37

My 2nd (4 months) is only sick a bit. I use the sleeve of her babygro to wipe it blushshock. Only if it is not much though, I don't let her get cold!

Nbg Tue 05-Aug-08 18:17:27

Muslin cloths are great for pukers.

My ds1 had terrible reflux and both dh and I became quite good at catching the vomit in the muslin grin

Plus you can shove them right under their necks if they are drooly babies.
Saves them getting smelly necks.

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 05-Aug-08 18:20:29

None! I always found them totally pointless. Prob useful for bottle feeders, but that isn't you is it.

misdee Tue 05-Aug-08 18:21:55

hmmm i used them a lot with dd1+2 as they were breast/bottle, and ai have a few pics of dd3 with them on, so must have used them for her, but i dont think i used them that much.

so wont get any more.

Tapster Tue 05-Aug-08 18:38:05

Had about 5 never used them, never had a sicky baby but exclusively BF. Didn't find much use for the "essential" muslin clothes, mainly used them to dry slides/swings.

star6 Tue 05-Aug-08 18:39:21

Is there a correlation between sicky babies and bf?

misdee Tue 05-Aug-08 18:40:15

no star, but dd1+2 dribbled a lot when having bottles.

misdee Tue 05-Aug-08 18:40:37

mind you i needed a bath sheet to mop up after dd2 baby sick episodes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now