Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help! i think i just ate some undercooked chicken!

(6 Posts)
scared1976 Mon 04-Aug-08 20:53:21

Sorry for the pathetic post, but as you can tell from my nickname, I am a worrier! blush

I just ate some chicken (two mouthfuls maybe) that was a little suspect (pink and stringy, even though i cooked it for long enough according to the box...). Im 17 weeks and now panicking that will have poisoned self. is there anything i can do other than cross my fingers and hope for the best??

thank you!

SlothyMcFrothy Mon 04-Aug-08 20:57:03

Try not to worry but i know how scarey it can be.I remember being nearly hysterical because i caught a D and V bug when pregnant with dd2 and was only about 12 weeks along.I recall shouting the odds to the GP as their was nothing he could give me "If anything happens to my baby,it will be on your head"blush

You will be fine but call your GP if anything develops and you are still concerned

Indith Mon 04-Aug-08 20:57:56

And breathe

You will be fine

We have amazing bodies, really we do, if we put something into them they don't like they bring it all back up again. The chances of doing harm are almost non-existant.

Indith Mon 04-Aug-08 20:58:54

Not that we should all go eating raw chicken though.

scared1976 Mon 04-Aug-08 20:59:57

oh phew, thanks for your quick replies. I really only ate one or two mouthfuls. I feel like such a fool!

I assume post the event there is not much that can be done. is just one long worry this pregnancy lark!

Indith Mon 04-Aug-08 21:03:04

Ah don't worry I was at the front of the queue for Pimms in June before I remembered that I shouldn't grin

<<Indith ensures that the bump knows its place as neglected second child>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now