Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

varicose veins in leg

(5 Posts)
ellielou02 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:56:42

Hi there just wondered if anone else has experienced this, I think i have a varicose vein in my lower leg, it seems a bit pronounced when I stand up and leg can feel a bit heavier if i have been doing alot, also if I have been walking about on it it feels slightly hotter in the area where the vein is, my leg is not swollen, red, hard etc.
Thanks

madmouse Sun 03-Aug-08 21:41:19

It is common to get v v s during pregnancy, but just because you say it gets slightly hotter I would have it seen to, even though you are clearly aware of dvt and you note you have no other symptoms. It is just not worth the risk.

but it does look like varicose veins (I have more than I like - thanks dad hmm)

pinata Mon 04-Aug-08 13:24:53

i had this - have you tried (not very sexy, addmittedly) support stockings? they help a lot. but i was heavily pg in november/december, so getting too hot (or anyone seeing them) wasn't a consideration...

thequietone Mon 04-Aug-08 13:27:39

I had this too. One large vein on my left leg swelled up. It hurt my knee to walk as it was lying across the kneebone and as the vein went all the way into the groin, that swelled too! (ouch). Had to get support stockings prescribed in the end. As soon as they went on it was 100% better. They're horrid to look at and hard to put on in those last months, but I couldn't deal with the pain in the end. DO get it seen to as it's quite common.

ellielou02 Mon 04-Aug-08 21:04:51

Hi thanks for all your replies, I saw my GP tonight and it is varicose veins, and I managed to get some below knee surgical stockings so hope they will help. My last pregnancy was a breeze compared to this one lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now