Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Losing weight - could this mean there's anything wrong?

(16 Posts)
pinkspottywellies Sun 03-Aug-08 19:38:07

I've lost 6lb since I've been pg - I'm 11 weeks now.

I've not been dieting or exercising. My appetite has waned a bit but not to the extent that I would normally lose any weight.

I'm not really worried but just thought I'd ask in case anyone said 'ooh no, it might be ........' and I should get it checked out.

TIA

BBBee Sun 03-Aug-08 19:40:34

hi pink

i lost a stone in first 12weeks preg with DS 1 - mainly due to morning sickness. I was worried and went to see GP and she said just to make sure I was getting enough vit C (she suggersted ribena [shack]) and not to worry.

not much help really - but a bump nonetheless!

x

oopsacoconut Sun 03-Aug-08 19:44:47

Hi PSW - I am 37 weeks pregnant and am just under 2 stone lighter than I was before I fell pregnant. Just remember that bubs now takes preference in the food department so even if you have reduced eating by just a little bubs will now take what it needs and you get the leftovers grin I was told to increase the fruit and veg and cereals to keep up my vitamin content.

hanaflower Sun 03-Aug-08 19:46:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pinkspottywellies Sun 03-Aug-08 19:49:35

Thanks guys! I eat pretty well usually (veg etc) although have been getting lazy. Might need to do bootcamp on 10/10 thread!

If I could have put it down to being sick or hardly eating at all then I wouldn't think anything of it! I wish it was this easy normally to shed the lbs! I'll just be pleased and hope it carries on. I might be a size 8 by the time I pop this one out!

pinkspottywellies Sun 03-Aug-08 19:52:38

By BMI was about 25 so not worried that I'm going to waste away hana!

BBBee Sun 03-Aug-08 19:59:09

you seem really healthy to me - if there was nothin else going on I would not worry especially and just mention it at next appointment.

pinkspottywellies Sun 03-Aug-08 20:07:31

Thanks BBB - even despite the bacon sandwiches wink

cyteen Sun 03-Aug-08 21:13:31

I lost weight in the first three months as well, and don't seem to have gained that much throughout the rest. I'm sure it's because I've not been drinking!

Sassafrass Sun 03-Aug-08 21:22:12

I lost a stone betweek week 8 and week 16 of this pregnancy. I didn't have much morning sickness and I eat reasonably well. The midwife wasn't bothered and I have since gained just about the recommended amount. You could mention it to your midwife but most likely there's nothing wrong. The baby will take what it needs from you.

bikerunski Mon 04-Aug-08 09:01:17

I lost a stone and a half between weeks 8 and 16 too. Was in hospital and lot and none of the docs. mw etc were concerned. 33+6 now, everyone now says that "I dont look fat", btu have huge bump!

eejaykay Tue 05-Aug-08 10:57:02

i've lost 4lbs too - 11w now - I'm sure it's being off the red wine that's making all the difference!

hugglebug Tue 05-Aug-08 12:51:16

I've lost a stone and a half since being pregnant (now 20 weeks) but tbh i'm still a good 5 stone over weight so I'm praying it continues! Baby is growing normally tho. But if you were very slim prior to getting PG then it's worth chatting to your GP or midwife.

Angelsus Tue 05-Aug-08 13:38:28

I lost at least a stone in the first 15 weeks in both of my pregnancies. I was eating well but with quite a bit of chocolateblush

With DS2 I had only put on 6lb by 30 weeks but my midwife said that as long as I was measuring ok then there was nothing to worry about.

Yvonnejane Tue 05-Aug-08 15:59:53

Message withdrawn

star6 Tue 05-Aug-08 16:02:39

BBBee... she suggested Ribena? I'm shock too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now