Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Too big bump

(5 Posts)
mrsout Sat 02-Aug-08 12:47:44

A friend just had her bump measured. 37 weeks. But she is only 30 weeks. Going for a scan on Monday. Can someone tell me what happens now? I dont want to hassle her for all the details.

Lizzylou Sat 02-Aug-08 12:49:02

I was always big for dates with DS2. Was scanned loads, he was 10lb 11oz born.
They will just check her out, maybe just how she is carrying, could be big baby.

CarGirl Sat 02-Aug-08 12:49:18

Depends if they find anything via the scan, it is often just excessive fluid. Presumably if they find anything to worry about they will discuss it with her after her scan.

mrsout Sat 02-Aug-08 12:53:56

Her first baby was 11 lb and they said that he probably had gestational diabetes. What if this baby has it too?

ajm200 Sat 02-Aug-08 12:54:12

I measured big with my son but he turned out to be 8lb 4oz so not too big.

I think the main problem in my case was all the weight that I'd gained. My padding was messing up the measurements. They worry about very big babies in case they get stuck during a vaginal delivery. They sometimes damage the babies neck and shoulder getting it out. if the baby is really big they might suggest a C-section to be safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now