Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

braxton hicks or should I get worried??

(6 Posts)
Lua Thu 10-Feb-05 16:29:19

I am 25 weeks pregnancy and start feeling what I would describe as contraction. Sharp pain, with tightening down bellow - like an involuntary pelvic exercise...
I expected some braxton hicks, but I though they were supposed to be painless?!....

Anyone know if these can also be BH or whether I should get worried?

motherinferior Thu 10-Feb-05 16:33:16

It might be contractions but my BH did hurt - they were essentially minor contractions, I realised when I finally went into labour. One of the great cons of pregnancy IMO.

orangina Thu 10-Feb-05 16:43:46

I'm 31+4 weeks pg, and am having quite a lot of bh contractions, and have been for a few weeks now. I find that if I am relaxed and have something to occupy me, I hardly notice them. But if I'm walking, or naval gazing ( doing a fair bit of that each evening as my tummy looks like a sack of kittens moving around!), they are much more noticeable. Can definitely feel my tummy harden, sweeps up from my groin up and over the bump. They aren't actually painful yet, but they are starting to get uncomfortable....
This is my 1st pregnancy, so don't really know if you should be worried about what you are experiencing, but if you are, give the mw a call and pop in for a check..... never any harm in doing that.... good luck!

AussieSim Tue 15-Feb-05 04:30:13

I had v early BH with my DS, starting at about 20 weeks and then at 25 weeks threatened labour which was successfully treated and then DS arrived at 35 weeks. I am 20 weeks pregnant now and am taking quite a bit of magnesium to try to avoid the same thing happening again. I had my first BH a couple of weeks ago and so my naturopath doubled my dose and I've had nothing since which makes me v happy.

Kelly1978 Tue 15-Feb-05 08:26:24

I've been having BHs at 32 weeks pg with twins, adn they do feel like early contractions for me. I found that it was a case of needing more rest, and since I started afternoon naps they've stopped.

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 15-Feb-05 08:33:41

I remember getting the BH and they were quite painful. I would stop in my tracks when I got them because they were so strong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now