Talk

Advanced search

Had my early scan this morning....

(13 Posts)
lewpylew Thu 10-Feb-05 14:29:06

and all is ok. Had to have an internal scan which I had half prepared for and what an odd sensation that is. A probe type thing covered in latex being wiggled around in positions I did not know were imaginable. Lots of deep breathing was done that is all I can say!

Well, I got to see Blob and he/she was dated at 6 weeks & 3 days so not far off my dates, is 7mm crown to rump and I saw the little heart beating. Amazing on something so small. Was great showing Henry his little brother/sister on the screen.

No cause for the spotting found, so it is probably just one of those things and things settling down. Re stitch like pain on right hand side, they could almost certainly rule out ectopic pregnancy and said it was probably things moving around or maybe I have overdone it and pulled a muscle?

thanks for all your support - hopefully I can relax a bit now which I will find hard but will try!

Lewpy xx

nikcola Thu 10-Feb-05 14:30:03

xxxxxxxxx

biglips Thu 10-Feb-05 14:32:32

my best friend went for her scan yesterday adn she is 8 weeks and 6 days

HappyMumof2 Thu 10-Feb-05 14:37:18

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Thu 10-Feb-05 14:40:09

So glad for you after your little scare.

teabelly Thu 10-Feb-05 15:49:07

Wonderful news...good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Mirage Thu 10-Feb-05 19:17:00

Fab news.Hopefully you can relax & enjoy your pregnancy now!

greenbug Sun 20-Feb-05 11:14:47

I also had an early scan about 6 weeks and saw the heart beat. It was amazing. I did cry, but then again nowadays I cry at anything.
it's been two weeks later now and I am alrady worried again. I am thinking of renting a dopple just to hear the h/beat from time to time. Or go for another scan. The 12 week scan is a month away and that is just an eternity!!! I guess I am going slightly mad. Help!!!
Any body else as anxious, worried? what are the statistics on seeing the h/beat at 6 weeks and going on with a normal pregnancy?

vicstervic Sun 20-Feb-05 11:54:17

Greenbug and lewpy lew - congratulations!! The odds are really good once you've seen a heartbeat. Can't remember the statistics, but you should feel very reassured. This is my 4th pregnancy, and the first where I got to see a heartbeat. I had an ectopic and 2 miscarriages - and none of them progressed as far as being able to see that wonderful flicker!

Best of luck for trouble-free pregnancies.

Vic
27w2d

Lonelymum Sun 20-Feb-05 12:33:40

Can't say what the chances are for your baby greenbug, but I do know it is perfectly normal to worry about the health of the baby - all the way through pg if you anything like me! That is why it is so pleasureable feeling the baby kick (at about 18-20 weeks) as it is a constant reassurance that baby is still alive.

Just try to stay upbeat and positive, keep well, eat well, and hopefully all will be well.

Socci Sun 20-Feb-05 12:49:08

Message withdrawn

Socci Sun 20-Feb-05 12:50:58

Message withdrawn

greenbug Tue 22-Feb-05 08:04:57

Socci,
that takes a mighty lot of courage to do such a thing..... if it were to me I'd move into the hospital and allow them to check the baby every day until it starts kicking. my first pg resulted in an m/c so i guess that doesn't help being strong and reasured. however all your messages work on keeping me reasonably calm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now