Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

period type pains.... are they braxton hicks?

(5 Posts)
PhoebeLaura Fri 01-Aug-08 12:11:29

I'm 30 weeks and the last couple of days have experienced a few sharp stabbing, crampy pains, very like period pains. They only last for 10 seconds or so. Could these be braxton hicks or just another inexplicable pregnancy twinge? I'm not worried, just curious. As you've probably guessed, this is my first grin.

bethoo Fri 01-Aug-08 12:20:31

could be ligaments stretching? i ma 30 weeks too! why not join us on the oct thread?
sounds like it could be BH though, i have yet to experience any and thsi is my second!

belgo Fri 01-Aug-08 12:22:45

With braxton hicks your whole bump feels hard and stretched. Not really sharp or stabbing pain though - sounds more like it could be stretching ligaments. Although with my first pregnancy I found braxton hicks very hard to identify.

Mention it to your midwife.

caramelbunny Fri 01-Aug-08 12:56:37

Agree with belgo that it's worth mentioning to your midwife. In my last pregnancy I dismissed pains I was having as Braxton Hicks but was actually early labour. Not trying to alarm you but there's no point you sitting around worrying when midwife could give reassurance.

PhoebeLaura Fri 01-Aug-08 14:12:33

will do, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now