Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

please can you describe implantation pain/spotting?

(11 Posts)
eth37 Thu 31-Jul-08 21:29:06

Hi, Would appreciate your advice.
All afternoon I have had what felt like either bad menstrual cramps (but AF not due until next Wednesday) or even the start of a UTI. Just went for a wee (sorry blush) and on the tissue when I wiped, there were literally 3 spots of pinky-red blood. That's it. Still have low abdominal cramping and it almost feels like a pulling sensation or like I want to go to bed with a hot water bottle. AF NEVER this early (CD 22). Think I ovulated 8 days ago. I thought, if you had an implantation bleed, that it was heavier than this? Should I ring NHS direct?

tab1 Thu 31-Jul-08 21:30:56

my implantation bleed was red spotting, not heavy and i had low cramps.

eth37 Thu 31-Jul-08 21:57:14

Thanks, tab. I guess I will find out in a few days... If anyone else had really light bleeding accompanied by quite strong low-down cramps I would be grateful to know. Thanks!

electra Thu 31-Jul-08 22:03:40

I've had the same thing today.

eth37 Thu 31-Jul-08 22:10:18

Really? And do you think it is to do with implantation?

electra Thu 31-Jul-08 22:21:12

I don't know, I'm hoping not grin

weescottishlassie Thu 31-Jul-08 22:54:22

I had this with my current pregnancy (dc4) but not with the previous 3. Two spots of watery pink when i went to the toilet accompanied with mild cramps on exactly the same day 8 dpo. Good luck!

eth37 Fri 01-Aug-08 09:32:04

Thanks weescottishlassie- you have reassured me!! We'll see by next Wed (AF due) I guess.. Thanks laydees xxx ANy other similar stories, please post!

waitingtobloom Fri 01-Aug-08 13:05:50

Mine was like the very very start of a period. Enough when I wiped to put a tampon in. Then when I took the tampon out it was only slightly stained (sorry for too much info there!). Had the associated cramps and pulling. Am now 35 weeks pregnant

Good luck!

mibbes Fri 01-Aug-08 19:29:56

I had 3 days of light spotting at 9dpo - old blood and a bit of new blood too - am now 22 weeks PG, good luck grin

buttercupbabe Fri 01-Aug-08 19:49:52

I had 2 days of cramping and slight spotting at 10 dpo and now 31wks pg. Also had this with ds 3. Best wishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now